MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

A Handmade Christmas: Submit your tutorials for our upcoming series!

Last year, I shared dozens of ideas for homemade Christmas gifts that were posted on other blogs and websites. This series was so well-received that want to do a similar series this year. However, I thought it would be fun (and maybe simpler?) to host a series of handmade gift tutorials on MoneySavingMom.com.

But I need your help. Since I’m still working on developing my meager craft skills, I know there’s no way I could come up with 20 or 30 handmade gift tutorials (I’ll be doing good if I can pull off two or three that are presentable enough to share!).

So, if you have a fantastic handmade gift idea that you’ve not posted about on your blog yet, would you write up a detailed tutorial and take some great pictures and submit it as a guest post for the series? I’ll choose 20-30 of the posts we receive to share in the coming two months.

All posts must be received by November 15, 2011, to be considered for the series.

Before submitting your tutorial for consideration, please note the following guidelines:

• Submission of your guest post does not guarantee publication. Preference will be given to those who demonstrate a genuine interest in MoneySavingMom.com as a reader or follower.
  • Posts must be original content (i.e. not published anywhere else online).
  • Use of bullets, lists and short paragraphs is highly encouraged as it makes reading much easier.
  • Please do not email your submission in HTML format or in a Word or text document. Simply type your post directly in your email and attach relevant images to the email.
  • Please resize your images before attaching! They should be no wider than 550px wide.
  • Please make a concerted effort to use correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Due to time constraints, submissions that require excessive editing cannot be accepted.
  • Include a short bio (50 words or less) at the end of your post. Feel free to include a link to your site.
  • Money Saving Mom® does not offer monetary compensation for guest posts at this time.

These guidelines are not intended to stifle your creativity, but to streamline our guest posting process. Submissions that closely adhere to these guidelines are much more likely to be published!

If your tutorial is accepted, it will be posted sometime between October 15, 2011 and December 15, 2011. You will be notified by November 20, 2011, as to whether or not your tutorial will be published.

If you would like to submit your Handmade Christmas tutorial for review, please email it to moneysavingmom @ gmail.com (remove spaces) with “Handmade Christmas” in the subject line.

Please include the following:

1. Your full name.
  2. Your URL (if applicable).
  3. Your post title.
  4. The body of your post. Please note image placement and order.
  5. Attach any images you’d like to include (don’t forget to resize them first!).
  6. A short bio.

28 Comments

• Emma K says:

I’m very excited you are doing this. I got so many ideas for Christmas last year from the posts that you had and was hoping for some new ideas this year. I am definately not the one to create something original myself, but love the tutorials to recreate them.

• Molly says:

So excited for this series!

• Rebecca says:

I cannot wait to see these guest posts! I’m not very creative, so I’m looking forward to these!

• Great idea! No way I’ll be submitting anything, but I’ll definitely follow the series and probably try a thing or two! 🙂

• Katie says:

Oooooooh, I’m SO excited!!!!! On a scale of 1-10, my craftiness skills are at about a -6, so I can’t wait to get some great ideas from this series! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

• Amy says:

Can we submit links to tutorials already posted on our blog? Or does it have to only be published on msm?

• Kim says:

Oh my goodness, I am so excited for this! I have been searching for days for things I could make for my family for Christmas, but cannot find more than a couple of things I like. Perfect timing since I have started to stress over it. Thanks for all you do Crystal, I love your website. I did not know about the similar series you did last year, so I will def. check that out. Thanks!

• Danielle says:

Looking forwad to it! I only wish it would be starting sooner, before the hustle and bustle really gets into full swing!

• I would love to submit to this series! But, despite my art education background, I have rarely ever “made” Christmas gifts. Honestly, I got a lot of ideas from you last year! I’ll have to see if I can think of something shareable… hmmm…. 🙂

• Jena says:

I’m BEYOND excited for this series!!!

• Nicole says:

I am SO excited about this too! I have been looking for encouragement to paint and glitter some pine cones we picked up from our first family camping trip! (This was probably totally illegal, but how do I tell a 3 year old that when she already started her collection???) I am REALLY looking forward to even more inspiration! 🙂

• Sara says:

This is great!!!! I can’t wait to start reading it hopefully itll be soon so I can save money fornwhat I need to buy,since I don’t think we can afford presents for the family. Thanks again!

• sounds great, going to see if I can pull something together. We always make something homemade each year. will see if I can duplicate, or if I can get started early on a gift. Does it need to be completely homemade, or could it be something “up-cycled” ? can’t wait to see the other ideas.

• Amanda says:

I am happy you are doing this again! I made many of the projects you had posted last year and still have most of them in my favorites to do again this year!

• Stephanie says:

Are you accepting gifts that would be good to give to children and teens, or gifts that would be given away to adult family members? I am assuming anything homemade but wanted to clarify 🙂

• waldessa says:

So, so excited about this series!!

• Elias says:

Yay! I can’t wait. The grandparents go nuts over anything homeade from the grandparents.

• Hmmm, will have to brain storm! I already planned to share some Christmas Crafts, but maybe I’ll set one aside just for MSM readers!

• beth b says:

I’m terrible at crafts but I love seeing what others come up with. Especially around the holidays. Can’t wait for this series!

• Stephanie says:

I’m excited for this series to start. Your recent links on the homemade scrubs inspired me to start thinking about other homemeade gifts for extended family this year. Your timing is perfect.

• Keri M. says:

Like many of the other comments, I’m excited to see this series. Any chance you could start earlier, say November 1? I don’t like to rush around at the last minute, trying to lovingly make gifts all in a frenzy 🙂

• Crystal says:

I’m actually planning to start next week, I’m just accepting posts through November 15. Those posted closer to Christmas will be quick and easy gifts and food gifts.

• Loved reading all the ideas last year, and can’t wait to submit an idea of our own. Also looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with. This is such a great idea!

• Wish I were more crafty! I might have an idea though…we’ll see! Can’t wait to read all the posts!

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy