MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Yesterday’s Target Shopping Trip: Merona t-shirts for $3.60 each

After the children were in bed last night, I headed out for a late night trip to Target. I needed to buy some new shirts for summer and I’ve found it’s really hard to go clothes shopping with three children in tow. 🙂

I was hoping to get some of the grocery deals, too. Unfortunately, the prices were higher at our store than I’d heard from many of you online or our store was cleaned out of the items I wanted to get. But I did buy cheese, Lysol wipes and nail polish remover:

2 blocks of cheddar cheese — $2.04 each
Used $1/2 coupon (no longer available)
$1.54 each (not the best price ever, but since Aldi raised cheese prices to $1.99, I guess this now constitutes a “good deal” on cheese)

Nail Polish remover — $0.97 each
Use 2 $0.50/1 Up & Up beauty item coupons
$0.47 each after coupons

Lysol Wipes — $2.04
Used 2 $1.50/1 coupons (no longer available)
$0.54 each after coupon

I also picked up two Merona t-shirts on clearance for $5.60 and used the $2/1 Women’s top coupons to get these for $3.60 each. I was excited to find some good t-shirts in two of my favorite colors!

43 Comments

• Rachel says:

I did the same yesterday. I found 2 shirts on clearance for $2.50 each but I forgot to bring the coupon . . . maybe next time!

• jennifer says:

I got those same shrts yesterday but at my target they were reduced to $2.00 so they were free!! 🙂

• Jessica Lowrance says:

I just bought lysol wipes for .74 Cents! You beat me! 🙂

• Meredith says:

Man I wish I had snagged those Lysol printables 🙁 I would love to snag some on the cheap for my son’s Kindergarten teachers. I’ll have to keep my eyes peeled for the next cleaning wipe deal 🙂

• Laura says:

I really like the Merona line. It holds up very well.

• Lisa says:

Crystal, I’m so envious that you (and others) can wear that yellowy green color. It’s one of my favorites, but it makes me look like I have the flu! That’s an great deals on your fav color shirts!!!

• sarah says:

I too found shirts for $2.50 but my q’s didn’t scan so they refused to take them. I went to a Target that I try to avoid because they are so coupon unfriendly. I called customer service and they are supposed to send me a coupon for the inconvenience. I’ve received one before from them and it was for $3.

• Jodi says:

I saw those shirts at my target but they were still like 8.00… waiting for them to drop the prices 🙁

• Shannon W. says:

I had 4 of the $3 off plus size coupon. I found some tshirts that were juniors size 2x which is like a large for adults, but since it was a 2x it qualified as plus size. The shirts were on clearance for $4 so I paid $1

• Michelle says:

Thanks to learnig about coupons and stacking from you all I walked out with a bag of goodies from Target for less than $2 the other day!

• Kellie says:

I had another $3 off Liz Lange coupon (I still have another from a register-printed coupon, too!), and I found a thin long-sleeve top on clearance for $3.74…so it was $0.74! Woohoo! It’ll be nice for a cooler summer evening or rainy day while I grow this baby. 🙂 I’m loving the Target clothing coupons!

• Kelly says:

Where do you get the Liz Lange coupons? I just got $5 off $25 Merona in the mail this week, but I’m preggo too and could use some of the LL coupons!

• Lisa says:

Kelly, I printed extras. I think I have 2 left. Send me your addy and I will mail them to you. I printed them from Target’s website.

lisadesigner@ yahoo. com

• Lisa says:

Hey, Kelly! The coupons expired ON May 21st 🙁 , but I still want to send you the shirt. No charge. It was free, so I couldn’t pass it up, lol

• Jen says:

I was excited to get a new t-shirt for $1 after using my coupon. woo hoo!

• Rae says:

I am going to Target tomorrow morning after yardsale shopping and hope to find some good clearance shirts to use the $3 and $2 coupons on 🙂 And I am mad at myself. I did not use my Lysol coupons at Target because at my store they were $2.54 and I wanted to see if Walmart had them any cheaper before I bought them. Well I completely forgot about it and it expired yesterday DOH!

• Patty says:

I am sure that your Target will be fine with it being expired a few days. Mine takes them up to 30+ days expired.

• Elisa says:

I got 9 shirts for about $19 this week! I was so excited! I really was getting bored with what I had, so it was nice for a change. The Parents magazine had a $5/25 Merona and I combined it with the $2/1 and $3/1 coupons along with a prescription gift card for a really great deal! 3 of the shirts weren’t on sale and I fully expect them to go on sale within the next 14 days, so that will be money back in my pocket! 😀 I LOVE Target and getting cute clothes for so cheap!

• Carla Sorensen says:

Very cute shirts! I love the colors!

• Anna says:

I went on a clothes shopping spree for me last week. I started at Target and had 2 $3/1 coupon. I found 2 nice tops prices $3 each so got 2 free tops. Then went to Kohl’s and got a summer dress regularly $40 for $10, had a $10 off coupon. Headed to Walmart and got 2 pairs of shorts for free with 2 coupons. Then I finally headed to Old Navy where I got 2 tops for 5o% off, spent $10 OOP. Oh forgot I got a pair of capris for $2. So for $22 I got 8 pieces of clothing. That is my summer wardrobe! I have a new bathing suit from last summer clearance at JC Penny that I bought too!

• Anna says:

PS The shirts will look good on you and go with your “minimal wardrobe” that I saw in another video of you 🙂 :).

• Sandra Lee says:

I found a pair of Mossimo shorts in the clearance and paid $1.48 after the $3 coupon. I also found a shirt and paid $1.24 after the $2 coupon.

• Dodi says:

I found two shirts for $2.00, so free after the coupons. I found the rubber boots for $3.74 at the second Target. No sunglasses 🙁

• Ellen says:

I have found that Target deals are very regional, especially on food items, but am always excited when I do hit one!

I was able to find some really REALLY cute screen-printed cotton t’s for just $2.50, so just 50 cents after the coupon! I had actually printed four coupons, so just 2 bucks for FOUR t-shirts! I got a new wardrobe 🙂

• My local Target didn’t have prices marked as low as what I read online either. I was so bummed!

• You mentioned buying cheese at Aldi. Did you taste a difference? I have bought other cheeses elsewhere and they were horrible! Sometimes I can find a good deal at Wal-Mart but since we live so far out of town, if I’m already at Aldi it would be cheaper to just buy the cheese there. I have found everything else from there to be good…just wasn’t sure about the cheese.

• Emily says:

I normally buy cheese at Aldi. I have never had a problem with it. Their shredded cheese is the best price around. It’s around $2.99-$3.29 for 16 oz. right now. (Unfortunately, it’s gone up gradually from $2.79 in the past 2 months.)

Their block cheese is pricey now ($1.99, like Crystal said), so that’s not as good of a deal anymore. It used to be $1.49 for 8 oz.

• Lisette says:

I love the Target clearance rack SO much. Next time try going on a Sunday morning after church. The really cheap stuff is gone by afternoon! This week, I found this dress, http://www.target.com/s?keywords=genuine+kids&searchNodeID=1038576|1287991011&ref=sr_bx_1_1&x=0&y=0 for $7.99!

• shannon says:

My target printable coupons for $3/1 and $2/1 say only 1 per transaction. Does that mean I can stack the 2 together? I am soo new to this but am now obsessed. Thanks for your help

• Jessi says:

Kroger has the same size cheese for $1.88 this week and their shredded cheese too. I think Kroger might be the same as Dillons? I got some to freeze and to make those breakfast burritos 🙂

• cassie says:

Good deals on the clothes! Our Target in WI was still 30% off, so no good deals yet. Also no cheap sunglasses.
    Our store also appeared higher on a lot of grocery items (Lunchables, etc).

• Christa says:

I went a few days ago and got a few shirts, the $2.50 ones, for $.50 each and also got a pair of sandals for $1.48 (used the $3 off shoes).

• Heidi says:

So I took my coupons to target and they would not let me use it on the clearance shirts. I talked to a manager and she said the register refused it and there was no way to override it. How did the rest of you get your target to take it?

• Nicole says:

Heidi, though I did not use this particular coupon, I do use Target coupons all that time that I have printed out from this website. They never scan, so they enter in a discount manually on their registers. I would ask them to do this next time, and print out their coupon policy (from this site) and bring it with you. Just a suggestion:-)

• Angela says:

Today I bought 5 React Gum for 29cents a piece for a 15ct pack! Regularly $1.29.

I used the smartsource.com coupon $1/2, then the target printable coupon $1/2.

• Heidi says: