MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Walgreens: Jergens Lotion for $0.29, Nature Valley Granola Bars for $0.80 per box

Here are two more great deals at Walgreens this week:

Buy 2 Jergens Ultra Healing Lotion at $4.29 each, Get $5 Register Rewards
Use $3/2 Jergens Moisturizer coupon from the 12/05 SmartSource insert
$0.29 per bottle after coupon and Register Rewards

Buy 5 boxes of Nature Valley Granola Bars for $2 each, Get $3.50 Register Rewards
Use five $0.50/1 coupons here or here (there are also $1/2 coupons here)
Spend $7.50 plus tax out of pocket, Get $3.50 Register Rewards
$0.80 per box after coupons and Register Rewards (Thanks, Couponing for 4!)

Thanks to Passion for Savings for the deal and photo!

See more deals at Walgreens this week here. New to shopping at Walgreens? Be sure to read my Walgreens 101 post which explains the details on how to maximize the mileage of your money. Find the official Walgreens Coupon Policy here.

Find

20 Comments

• amber w says:

Just curious if the lotion was at a special place in the store? Cause the regular spot doesn’t have the sale. Or maybe it hasn’t been posted yet

• Melissa W says:

I’ve been trying to do the drugstore game, and everything is always out at Walgreens by the time I get there, and the cashier told me that there are no rainchecks for register rewards. Well, I went this Monday morning and was happy to see the store was still stocked with the deals, but the cashier was angry about this “game” and refused to process the coupons in the order I tried to feed them to her. (RR/man. coupons/ in ad coupons.) She demanded to do the in ad stuff first, and I didn’t end up with the deals, but by that time there was a long line behind me, so I spent the money and left. After her conversation, I feel like a criminal! Are you couponers just really tough, or how do you deal with this!!!?

• Jessica says:

@Melissa W,

To be honest- I haven’t really gotten into the drugstore game yet but I have looked into it thoroughly. One re-occurring theme I see is that Walgreens is that they have issues like the one you experienced.

My advice- if there is a long line pay for your stuff but stay and wait until the line goes down. Then ask to speak with a manager about the issue. Always keep a copy of the coupon policy with you so you can clearly show him why you believe you are in the right. If he doesn’t help you, call the main office or regional office.

That is just what I would do

• Amanda says:

@Melissa W,
      I’ve had this from time to time but not too often. I try to be tough but as friendly as possible at the same time. My best advice is to become friendly with the beauty advisors and check out with them as much as possible!

• Jennifer says:

@Melissa W,
      I have had similar issues at Walgreens. Usually by being polite and asking to speak to a manager I am able to still get the deal. However, I have since decided that it is not worth the hassle and now just do CVS instead 🙂

• Jessica says:

Does anyone know if the cat is printing for fiber one bars also? They are on- sale as well and similar coupons are available.

Thanks!

• Jessica says:

nm. This site says RR is printing. Another site said it was a coupon cat.

• Wendi S says:

There’s also a NV bar coupon on Target.com. It’s a mfg coupon, with no target logo on it. HTH.

• Linda says:

My Walgreens will not allow me to use the RR on the order that gives me the RR. It must be used on another order. They also will not allow me use a RR that just printed even if I do another transaction.They will not do more then one transaction for same like items on sale.Ex. if I purchase the Jergens and get the RR I can not use on that order.But if I purchase another Jergens I still can not use the RR even if another transaction.New transaction must not enclude sale item if I want to use RR.

• lynn says:

Is it just me? I do not see a RR on the NV granola barsin the circular that
    came in my Sunday paper! I have had this issue before. Are there
    different ads for different parts of the country?

Just curious.

Thanks

• denise says:

just did this deal in So Cal and worked fine!

• nancy says:

I haven’t tried this deal, but one of things I try to do is tell the checkers in the store how they can get the same deals, they usually are pretty happy to help me out. In my area, all the grocery stores, except Walmart, accept RRs so I pass that info along to the checkers and then they get super excited about getting these deals for themselves. HTH

• Robin says:

I was not able to use the $2/1 in-ad coupon for the $3.99 Reach Toothbrushes. It only worked on the $5.99 toothbrushes which defeated the purpose of using the coupon. Was anyone else able to get this to work at their Walgreens?

• nancy says:

UGH!! So I went to Walgreens and my store doesn’t carry the vitamins advertised nor did they have the Jergens or Nature Valley RR signage up, so I went home empty handed. 🙁

• Melissa W says:

I have found that if the signs aren’t up, the deals are usually still programed into the system. Just bring the ad up with you when you check out so you can show it to the clerk when you check out.

• nancy says:

@Melissa W, Thanks, I went back and got my deals. The stores were out of the small bottles of Jergens, but I prefer the paraben free stuff anyway, so I ended up with four, 21oz bottles at $3 a pop, which is still a great price.

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy