MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Staples: Free batteries and $1 paper

Beginning April 25th through May 1st, 2010, you can get free batteries at Staples! Here’s how:

Buy 1 Duracell AA or AAA Batteries (20-pack) at $9.99 each
Get $9.99 back in Staples Rewards (a rewards check sent via mail which can be spent at Staples)
Free after rewards

This deal is a limit of 2 per card. You must be enrolled in the Staples Rewards program to qualify.

You can also get a 500-sheet ream of Hammermill Copy Plus Paper for $1:

Buy 2 Hammermill Copy Plus Paper (500-sheet ream) at $6.49 each
Submit for $10.98 in Easy Rebates
$1 per ream of paper after rebate

Thanks, Coupon Katarina!

9 Comments

• mm says:

I dont have a Staples near me, can I do order online? ty

• Kathy says:

The Hammermill paper deal w/ the easy rebate will def result in a check being sent to you. However, I got an e-mail notice that they will no longer mail “rewards”, you will have to get them by e-mail (and I guess print it and take to the store. Therefore, I thought w/ the battery deal you would get it credited to your rewards, NOT get a check. Am I mistaken? I hope so, I’d rather get the cash back, but unsure now how it will work! THANKS

• Kathy says:

The Hammermill paper deal w/ the easy rebate will def result in a check being sent to you. However, I got an e-mail notice that they will no longer mail “rewards”, you will have to get them by e-mail (and I guess print it and take to the store. Will this reward check be mailed, or do I get it by e-mail? Thanks for clarification.

• Kathy says:

Sorry, my above comment is a correction of the first!! Fatigue setting in!!

• Sarah says:

I was looking at the Staples Rewards info and I didn’t see anything online about the rewards coming via email.

However, it did say that you will only get the rewards if you reach $10 worth of rewards in a calendar quarter. So if you only buy one pack of batteries and don’t have any other rewards, you would only be at $9.99 and would not get a Staples Reward for the quarter. That’s my understanding, at least.

I was trying to find out how long the rewards are good – i.e. how long do you have to use them before they expire. Anybody have experience with these?

Also, I’m wondering if you’d be able to use the rewards towards something with a rebate, like a future paper deal.

• BobbiK says:

From what I understand, Staples sends out rewards monthly if you’ve reached the $10 minimum. If you don’t reach the minimum by the end of that quarter, it expires and you lose it.

If you did the paper deal as well, I’d think that would put you over the $10 minimum as you get either 1% or 10% back on that type of purchase.

HTH!

• Kate says:

Here is a link to the FAQ of the program– I have done Staples deals before, and they sent me a “gift card/code” thing that you can use online or in the store as credit. Any credit not used from the initial reward that they sent you can be rolled over ONCE. (so you have to use the entire balance of your reward by your second transaction using the reward, or you forfeit the remainder of your reward.)

• Kim says:

My staples ad had a 20% off entire purchase coupon on the back. After applying that to the paper, my cost after taxes and rebate was 1cent per ream. I also used it to get Norton Antivirus 2010 which after rebate and taxes was only $4.98. I like Staples!!!

• jacque says:

I bought the paper, submitted the rebate and just got notified that the rebate doesn’t apply unless it is bought in the store.

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy