MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Groupon: Save big on local deals

Groupon

Have you heard of Groupon? It’s a relatively new site which offers local deals. Every day, you’ll receive a coupon offer via email which is up to 90% off an area restaurant, attraction, store or service.

I’ve been really impressed with the offers available. While they do cost something (i.e. none of them are totally free), it’s a great way to do fun things as a family — without breaking your pocketbook (provided you have the money to pay for the deal in your budget!).

Sign up for Groupon deals in your area here.

8 Comments

• Jen says:

We use groupons regularly for restaurants primarily but also spa services. The staff is always respectful & we don’t get shunned for using a discount coupon. Remember to tip on the full price though!!

• Anne Tess says:

No “Groupon” for my city, and when I try to submit a new city suggestion, it takes me to a web search page. ???

• We LOVE this – even though we haven’t used it nor does our city have it – we always check when we travel to various cities (which happens quite often). There are some amazing deals and experiences to be had and we hope it comes to our city soon or that it lines up with one of our visits to a bigger city 🙂

• Julie says:

We LOVE Groupon. And if others sign up and buy with your link, you get credit to use with your next purchase. We’ve gotten $30 credit to buy more groupons with. We’ve bought them for restaurants, the local science museum, and my fave plant nursery, among others. Love it.

• Elizabeth says:

We love it too!

• Catherine says:

We used Groupon last fall to purchase a 1-hour professional photo session for our family for only $50. The photographer was incredible and very professional, and the value of our package was several hundred dollars. Groupon is great! There is also a similar site called BuyWithMe.com, which may have other cities if your city is not on Groupon.

• Rae says:

I love it too! And you get $10 credit per person that buys something 😀 I love Genghis Grill so I jumped up and down when they had $25 worth for $10. And I also have bought dental service (cleaning, xrays, and professional strength whitening trays all for $49 🙂 )

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy