MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Freezer Cooking Day Extravaganza: April 30-May 3, 2010 (Join us for a #OAMC Twitter Party today!)

FishMama and I are joining ranks again to bring you another Freezer Cooking Day Extravaganza this weekend (April 30-May 3, 2010). Want to play along?

::Follow along with our Facebook Event page.

::Attend our Twitter party this afternoon from 2-4 pm, CST. We’ll be using the hashtag, #oamc and discussing all things related to freezer cooking. Come bring your tips and questions and interact with dozens of others from around the country who are interested in freezer cooking. Newbies and professionals alike are welcomed. You might want to go ahead and follow @MoneySavingMom and @FishMama so you’re ready to jump in this afternoon!

::Cook and Link Up! Plan a few things (or a slew of things!) to bake or cook and stick in your freezer and pick a day or two over the next week to tackle your chosen recipes. I’ll post my plan and a link-up opportunity tomorrow afternoon (Friday, April 30, 2010) so you can share your plans. I’ll be cooking over this weekend and will share pictures and recipes on Monday as well as a link-up opportunity on Monday afternoon (May 3, 2010) for you to share what you accomplished.

8 Comments

• Kimberly says:

I’ll be there!! I was lying in bed this morning thinking of trying out my first freezer cooking day this weekend and then found this post when I got out of bed. Coincidence? No way! 🙂 See you at 2! (or noon, my time)

• Misty says:

Is there a list for the Twitter party? Might make it easier to follow …

• Camille says:

Fun! I’d love to you, but that’s REALLY short notice. LOL I need a week to plan ahead and get the groceries I need. Looking forward to seeing what you guys make this month.

• Awesome! I already had groceries planned for Friday and I’m modifying the mission to work on meals that use up what is already in my freezer! I think I see zucchini bread and carrot cake in my near future 🙂

• Steph says:

I agree with the short notice! Freezer cooking days are awesome and I love following along, but I’m never positive about when to expect them… maybe I just haven’t been paying attention! Do you do them the first weekend of every month?

• Sounds fun! I don’t twitter though but can’t wait to hear about it all!!

I wanted to share a recipe we’ve been enjoying here – we have frozen it several times and it’s so yummy from frozen as well as fresh and SO easy – unbelievably easy!! I had no idea Ciabatta bread could take such little effort! It is 4 ingredients, mix it together let it sit all day, pour on your baking pan, add seasonings to the top and bake!

I make it the night before potlucks at church and then let it cook while we get ready Sunday mornings and then take fresh baked bread – with almost no effort!!

The recipe is here : http://paulsbride.blogspot.com/2010/03/ciabatta-bread.html

To freeze I bake it, let cool then wrap it (I used tin foil and a freezer bag) and freeze. To reheat I leave in tin foil and let thaw and heat in the oven, though I have also thawed on the counter, sliced and then heated in the oven in tin foil.
    So good and so easy!

• Honey says:

Nor for the freezer, but for the teachers. Having home schooled my children for several years I know what a thankless job teaching can be. So I am baking cookies for their teachers today. Hoping to crank out a few dozen!

• Crystal says:

Got any ideas for stuff that DON”T involve the Oven.. mine is down right now..and all i have is a counter top roaster oven

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy