MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Walgreens: Deals for the week of August 30-September 5, 2009

Here are the best deals at Walgreens this week, with thanks to Mercedes for her hard work in helping to compiling these:

COUPON DEALS

Secret Deodorant–$1.99 after in-ad coupon
Use $2/1 coupon from $62 in Savings Kmart Coupon booklet
Free after coupons (hand manufacturer's coupon first to avoid beeps)

Campbell's Soup–$0.69 after in-ad coupon
Buy 2 and use $1/2 printable coupon
$0.19 each after coupons

Velveeta Cups–$0.89 each after in-ad coupon (regular price is $1.39 each)
Use B1G1 coupon from the 8/9 SmartSource insert
$0.19 each after coupon (hand manufacturer's coupon first to get this price)

Nursery water–2/$2 after in-ad coupon
Use $1/2 printable coupon
$0.50 per gallon after coupons

Coffee Mate Liquid (16 oz.)–$1.50 each
Use $1/1 printable coupon
$0.50 each after coupon

WEEKLY REGISTER REWARDS DEALS

Buy 1 Colgate 360 Actiflex Toothbrush at $2.99, Get $2.99 Register Rewards
Use $0.40/1 coupon from the 8/30 SmartSource insert
Free plus $0.40 overage after coupon and Register Rewards

Buy 1 Breath Right Nasal Strips (10 count) at $4.99, Get $4 Register Rewards
$0.99 after Register Rewards

Buy 1 Rembrandt Toothpaste at $5, Get $5 Register Rewards
Use $1/1 whitening product coupon from 8/2 SmartSource inserts (toothpaste is labeled as a whitening product)
Free plus $1 overage after coupon and Register Rewards

Buy 1 Carefree Ultra Protection Pantiliners at $1.99, Get $1.99 Register Rewards
Use $1/1 printable coupon
Free plus $1 overage after coupon and Register Rewards

Buy 1 Reach Total Care Toothbrush or Floss at $2.99, Get $2 Register Rewards
Use $1/1 coupon from the 6/14 SmartSource insert
Free after coupon and Register Rewards

Buy 1 Men's Zone Razor Blade System at $3.99, Get $3.99 Register Rewards
Free after Register Rewards

Buy 1 Theraflu Cold, Cough, or Sinus Relief at $4.99, Get $3 Register Rewards
Use $2/1 printable coupon
Free after coupon and Register Rewards

New to shopping at Walgreens? Start here.

============================

Share Your Deals and Scenarios!

Have your shopping trip planned or did you come up with a great deal
scenario/idea? Just post about it on your blog and leave your link
below. **To make it easy for everyone to navigate quickly through the
links, your link must link directly to your Walgreens deals post. Links
going to the homepage of your blog or any other part of your blog
besides the direct link to your Walgreens deals post will be deleted.**

31 Comments

• Charity says:

u have the campbell’s soup coupon linked wrong it goes to the coffee creamer.

• Mary says:

The easy mac coupon is no longer available

• Mercedes says:

The Walgreens ad specifically excludes the pulse mascara 🙁

would have been a good deal.

Mercedes

• Julie says:

Link for campbell’s soup goes to the coffee creamer!

• Kristin says:

Just thought I’d let you know that the ad says that the Maybelline BOGO excludes the Pulse Mascara

• Kristin says:

And also the $2.00 Breathe Right coupon excludes the 10 count so it wouldn’t work on this deal.

• Chariti says:

The $2 coupon for Breath Right Nasal Strips excludes the 10 count packages. It can’t be used for this deal.

• The easy Mac coupon is saying no longer available.

• Tonya says:

how many papers should one buy a week?

• Julia says:

Last night at Walgreens, I tried using a $2/1 Reach coupon for a toothbrush that was $1.79. They would not adjust the coupon down. In fact, anytime I try to use a coupon that is worth more than the value of the item, this happens – they say they can’t adjust coupons down. This has happened with more than one cashier, at more than one Walgreens. Has anyone else had this problem?

• Brandi says:

Tonya, I am still trying to figure it out too but I have generally bought 2 papers a week and more than made my money back while having enough coupons. However, on 8/2 when there was the extra PG insert and an extra SS insert, I did buy 4 and am so glad I did!! I have made a ton of money and used so many coupons, many times 4 of a particular one. I am debating how many to buy today since there is an extra PG insert today. Any suggestions from anyone??

• Brandi says:

Here’s the actual link to the campbells coupon. I’ve already printed it though. 🙁

• Lauren says:

Are Smartsource coupon booklets different around the country? I can’t find the Rembrandt coupon or the Colgate toothbrush coupons in mine in WI!

• Maria145 says:

The Easy Mac link is expired.
    Tonya-I only buy one paper, but I collect all the coupons from my neighbors, friends, family & co-workers that they don’t want. I also meet once weekly with friends and we swap coupons.

• Rebecca says:

Link #36 above should have said WAGS – 6 freebies! Sorry—I just didn’t want anyone to think that I was linking to freebies and not to my WAGS deals. Have a great day everyone!

• Jenna says:

there is a walgreens $2 off Thermaflu coupon in a flyer at walgreens. i couldnt find it but brought a printed paper of one and they entered the code on the coupon for me!

• CJ says:

A little help please: I have RR from last weeks listernie deal, so from manufacturer McNeil. If I use these RR to purchase the Rembrant paste and Reach toothbrushes will the RR still print out.

I wonder because, you can’t roll the Reach RRs to get another toothbrush and still get the RR.

• Brandi says:

Easy mac q is also in SS 8/9

• Michelle Norris says:

Also, don’t forget to check out Walgreens’ in-store coupons this week. There is one for scunci hair accessories for 99 cents on items up to $3.99. Many of the items, I found, had been also marked down so the more expensive ones were included in the coupon sale. There is a limit to 3 items per coupon, but I am, sure you can do the deal several times throughout the week as long as you have a circular. You could potentially get products totally $11 or higher (if on sale) for only $2.97 plus tax.

• Joanna says:

cambell’s soup not working???? anyone else get it to print???

• Julie says:

Does anybody every find all the coupons listed? My printer won’t print some coupons even though I use the Printer Install button. Also, many of the coupons are missing from my insert. This extreme couponing is a tricky game.

• Ruth says:

I bought 2 Velveeta shells cup and received $1 RR. Great deal!

• Stacy says:

I purchased two Velveeta cups today and used the B1G1 coupon and the in add coupon like you said. I paid 55 cents and out popped a $1 RR. So, it ended up being a 45 cent money maker…WOO HOO!!

• Alexis Huron says:

Hello! Thanks so much for your site. I love it.
    I’m in Central Florida, and I can’t see the in-add velveeta $.89 coupon. Does Florida have a different add?
    Thanks,
    Alexis from Florida

• Adriane says:

When I printed the Campbell’s soup coupon, it said on the coupon that it’s only for “cooking soups” – the Wags ad doesn’t include cooking soups, so it may not work. Last time this deal came up, I ended up paying more because the cooking soups weren’t included.

• Cheryl says:

Can someone answer a question for me? I’m just learning how to use the Register Rewards. Can they be used for tax too, or only the actual purchase price? Since the RR’s are usually even dollar amounts, and the items I’m purchasing usually end in .98 or .99, I’m always a couple cents off unless I includle tax. So I always buy something little, but that’s kind of defeating the whole purpose of saving money!

• Shannon says:

I thought Walgreen’s sales were the same nationally, but neither the soup nor the candles are in my ad. The candles did give me a RR, but the initial price was $2.50 each instead of $2.

I finally, finally got the Cambell’s coupon to print too…

To Julia’s comment: Yes, I’ve had problems where they tell me they can’t adjust coupons down and they just refuse to take it.

And last night, the manager voided out a RR that had scanned because it expired the night before. Then he took it and ripped it up. 🙁

• Bryan says:

For those of you, that also like register rewards deals I learned something new that will be useful. According to a Walgreen’s Manager the system has been changed recently in regards to redeeming and receiving rewards certificate coupons. Apparently you can now use a rewards coupon when purchasing an item that also gives out register rewards. The key is the exact coupon you are using could not have been issued for the same product. For example: Say you purchased a the $5 Rembrandt on sale and received a $5.00 receipt rewards, than you could use that $5.00 receipt rewards to buy the Carefree Ultra Protection Pantyliner and Men’s Zone Razer. All I ask is that you do this trick on the same visit. If we clearly over use this loophole they will undoubtedly stop it.

• Bryan says:

For those of you, that also like register rewards deals I learned something new that will be useful. According to a Walgreen’s Manager the system has been changed recently in regards to redeeming and receiving rewards certificate coupons. Apparently you can now use a rewards coupon when purchasing an item that also gives out register rewards. The key is the exact coupon you are using could not have been issued for the same product. For example: Say you purchased a the $5 Rembrandt on sale and received a $5.00 receipt rewards, than you could use that $5.00 receipt rewards to buy the Carefree Ultra Protection Pantyliner and Men’s Zone Razer. All I ask is that you do not do this trick on the same visit. If we clearly over use this loophole they will undoubtedly stop it. Try coming back the next day or if you are in a area where they have a lot of Walgreen’s try going to the another nearby store.

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy