MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Super Savings Saturday: Do you think we bought enough cereal?!

Seeing as I had a baby Wednesday night, I didn't go out shopping today. I did consider it all of about three seconds but then quickly decided I'd much rather stay home and snuggle with my precious little baby boy.

012 003
I mean, wouldn't you choose time with these little ones over grocery shopping anyday? 🙂

But, I'm pretty sure that my hubby did every bit as good at bargain shopping tonight as I could have. Look what he got:

024

All that was $108 before coupons and sales. After coupons and sales? He paid $43.13! Yep, I'd say he's pretty good at this bargain-shopping thing.

We didn't need to buy that much this week since we're being blessed with meals from families in our church, but there were a few items we had to get (milk, rubbing alcohol, ibuprofen, and toilet paper) and I also wanted to pick up some easy snacks to have on hand for myself and the girls (fruit, cheese cubes, Kashi waffles, and Chiquita bites).

Since Jesse was going to be heading to the store anyway, I thought we might as well take advantage of the cereal deal they were running, too. Do you think we now have enough cereal to last us for awhile? All the boxes were $0.98 each after the sale and coupon–which is my target price for cereal–so I figured we might as well stock up!

Maybe by next week, I'll be ready to be back in the saddle when it comes to grocery shopping and menu-planning. In the mean time, though, I'm just enjoying the brand-new newborn days. They won't last for long and I want to soak every bit of them up!

———————————

Did you snag any great deals or bargains this week or save
money in other ways? If so, be sure to post about them on your blog and
leave your link below.

Note: Please remember that this weekly round-up is to share
deals you personally got and/or money you were able to save this week.
In order to keep this weekly round-up focused on helping and inspiring
others in their efforts to save money, links which have little-to-no
content other than promoting affiliate links, etc. will be deleted.
Also, to make it easy for everyone to navigate quickly through the
links, your link must link directly to your Super Savings Saturday
post.

61 Comments

• Precious says:

What a handsome son! Congrats to you and your family!

• Jan says:

Congratulations again- he is a sweetie!

• Ooh, I’m loving those pictures!

• ro says:

Me and my daughter bought 13 boxes of cereal at .88 a piece from Scots. Here in Fort Wayne the deal was $1.88 for the Kellogs cereal and we used our $1.00 off coupons from coupons. com and Kellogs cereal site to get the boxes at a great deal. I am picking up some more tomorrow the deal ends on the 13th.

• Rae says:

He’s beautiful Crystal. Congrats!

• Fairy Dust says:

yep, staying home and snuggling with that precious bundle sounds like the perfect plan, especiallly with a capable hubby like yours to take over for you at the store 🙂

• RAchel says:

Wow! That’s very impressive. Even more impressive is that your husband was able to it. he should talk to my husband. 🙂

• I LOVE< LOVE< LOVE it when you share pictures! children are true blessings! I got the nice Kroger deal as well..using all those wonderful $1.00 off coupons. Kroger here have the cereal on sale for $1.88 a box, I guess that it varies by region (maybe). The Kelloggs coupons have been reset in some areas... You can't beat $0.88 for name brand cereal! I blog about it here http://swappinspoons.blogspot.com

• Richelle F says:

Looks like the cereal stash I got this week. Our Kroger would only take 2 internet coupons per transactions, though, so I had to do about 6 transactions. 🙂

• Alyssa S. says:

Meijer has Kellogg’s cereal 5/$9 this week, so hubby went to Walmart this evening & ad-matched, used our $1 off coupons & got 24 boxes for .80 each! We will be repeating this with our other nearby Walmart within a few days!

Our cereal stash: http://twitpic.com/4ylys

• One gallon of milk and ALL that cereal! That’s kinda funny! You obviously married well: he can bargain shop almost as well as you, AND he’s given you three gorgeous children. You know the kudos list is much longer, and you are VERY blessed.

Also, dry cereal makes a decent snack.

Happy Mother’s day!