MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Walgreens: Deals for the week of August 24-30, 2008

Here are the best deals at Walgreens this week, with thanks to Mercedes for her help in compiling these. Be sure to check out her great post this week on Freecycle and how to make the most of it. She also has some tips and recipes for using up a garden bounty of zucchini.

WEEKLY DEALS:

Preparation H 10-count wipes–$3.99 (not all stores have these at this price)
Use $3/1 manufacturer’s coupon here
Stack with $2/1 EasySaver coupon
Free plus $1 overage for every box of wipes you buy! (Thanks, Shannon!)

Powerade–$0.89
Use $1/1 from 7/13/08 or $0.75/1 from 6/8/08 inserts

Free or $0.14 each

Trident Extra Care Gum–$0.99/pack with in-ad coupon
Use $0.75/1 from August All You Magazine or B1G1F up to $1.49 from 7/20/08 inserts
$0.29 or $0.35 per pack after coupon

Puffs tissue–$0.89 per box with in-ad coupon
Use $0.25/1 from 8/3 P&G inserts
$0.64 a box after coupon

Peter Pan–3/$5 with in-ad coupon
Use $1/1 any Peter Pan Peanut Butter from August All You Magazine

$0.69 per jar after coupon

Glade PlugIns Scented Oil–B1G1 FREE (2 for $4.79)

Use $4/1 coupon from 8/3/08 SmartSource insert

$0.79 for two warmers

Woolite/Spray N Wash–2/$5

Buy 2 and use
Spray n Wash $0.75/1 printable available here or

Woolite $1/1 off printable available here
Get $2 EasySaver rebate when you buy 2

$1.00 to $1.50 for two after coupons and rebate

Smuckers Jelly–3/$5 with in-ad coupon

Use $0.55/2 Smuckers Squeeze Fruit Spread Product from 7/27/08 inserts

$1.39 each when you buy two after coupon

REGISTER REWARD DEALS:

Buy 1 Mitchum Smart solid deodorant 2.5 oz at $2.99, Get $1 Register Rewards back
Use $0.75/1 Mitchum or Mitchum for Women Product from 7/20/08 inserts or $1/1 printable

$0.99 after coupon and Register Reward

Buy 1 Vicks NyQuil or DayQuil 12 ct plus vitamin C  at $4.99, Get $3 Register Rewards back
$1.99 after Register Rewards

Buy 1 Huggies Jumbo Packs Diapers or Pull ups training pants at $9.49, Get $2 Register Rewards back
Use $1/1 coupon from 7/20/08 SmartSource insert (or from 08/24/08 insert)

Stack with $1/1 from coloring book
$5.49 per pack after coupons and Register Rewards

Buy 1 Claritin 24 hour allergy relief 45 ct tablets 10 mg at $24.99, Get $5 Register Rewards
Use $3/1 Claritin printable

$16.99 after coupon and Register Rewards

AUGUST FREE-AFTER-REBATE ITEMS:

Buy 1 Pert
Plus 2-in-1 Shampoo or Conditioner (13.5 oz.) at $3.79, Get
$3.79 Rebate on sale this week
Use $2/1 coupon or $3/1 coupon from 06/29 SmartSource insert
Free plus overage after coupon and rebate!

Buy 1 jane Be Pure Mineral Powder, Brush or Foundation at $4.99, Get $4.99 Rebate

Buy 1 Walgreens Soft White Light Bulbs 4 Pack or 3 Way Single at $1.99, Get $1.99 Rebate

Buy 1 Living Solutions Vacuum Bags 21.5"x33.5" or 13.4"x19.5"/18"x22.5" 2-pack at $5.99, Get $5.99 Rebate

Buy 1 Living Solutions Vacuum Bag 35"x48" at $9.99, Get $9.99 Rebate

Buy 1 BioINFUSION Organics or Olive Hair Care at $5.99, Get $5.99 Rebate (LIMIT 2!)

Buy 1 Walgreens Pitcher Filter Replacement Cartridge at $6.99, Get $6.99 Rebate

New to shopping at Walgreens? Start here.

What are you buying at Walgreens this week? What deals did you see?

22 Comments

• BabyOrrDecor says:

There is a $2 coup for the jane makeup in the new All You, that just came out yesterday. Too bad, I already bought mine for the month, but I hope others can use it, for a money maker!

• Finance Girl says:

Reach toothbrushes, Rimmel mascara and Reynolds aluminum foil are also free after coupons. Milk is cheap too.

• melissa says:

I was wondering if at Walgreens you can use multiple coupons for one item…ie: multiple manufacturers coupons.
    I have different manufacturer coupons for the same item and i was wondering if you could use them all to save even more…

• Michelle says:

Both of my walgreens still have the Russel Stovers chocolates on clearance for 1.79. You can use the BOGO from 8/17 ad.

• kp says:

New to this – I was at Walgreens yesterday doing the Prep-H and Cheerios scenario to get my Cheerios free (thanks!) but when I was checking out, I could only use 1 Cheerios coupon per transaction so she did all separate transactions for me to work it out. It seems like scenarios other people describe though buy 2 of the same items and use 2 coupons (one for each of those items). Am I doing something wrong? Or is it just Walgreens?

• Bonnie I. May says:

I tried to do the Walgreens Preparation H deal….the cashier ran everything through….no problems…then the cashier next to him said…”You better check to make sure you used those coupons correctly”….then he ended up calling the manager who said…you can’t use the manufacturer’s coupon along with the store coupon if it makes an overage….I was embarrassed….the Preparation H was $3.99 a box….the manager let me use the $3 off…so my final total when up by $6…($2 walgreens coupon X’s 3)…..I felt as those they thought I was trying to steal from them…..it was very frustrating….was I stealing from them?

• Candice says:

In the August All You there was a coupon for BOGO Rimmel Eye Shadow. You can use that with the BOGO deal this week and get two eye shadows free.

• Rimmel coupon from “All You”says “for walmart only” on it. But it rang up fine for me at Walgreens. Free eyeshadow if you use it.

• Gina says:

re: the Prep H Easy Saver Coupon – all my Easy Saver Coupons say they expired on 7/26 (the day AFTER the catalog was “valid”) Is another one already out and I’ve missed it?

• Amber says:

Glade Scented Oil PlugIns are B1G1 this week at Walgreens and there is a B1G1 in the coupon inserts in the 8/24 paper. This makes the item completely free.

• Lacey says:

Today’s paper had a BOGO coupon for Glade scented oil warmers – making two of them free! 🙂

• Candice says:

Today Smartsource had a coupon for BOGO scented oil warmers and they are BOGO at Walgreens, so you would get both free!

• Sarah Kay says:

Don’t forget the Caregivers Marketplace $1 rebate for Huggies, making them $4.49 per pack!

• Riannon says:

I have posted some different deals and also the overlap from August to September ESR booklet deals. Check it out if you are interested!

• My Walgreens won’t let me use my coupons if they are more than the cost. Has anybody else had that problem?

• Lacey says:

Gina – my entire August Easy Saver catalog has the wrong expiration dates on the coupons. I showed it to the manager when I picked it up at the beginning of August, and he just laughed. Apparently it’s a typo that one of the editors should have caught!

• Selena says:

The Glade scented oil warmers deal worked great– thanks!

• Marsha says:

I bought 2 Rimmel eyeshadows this morning, and they both rang up as regular price, not BOGO–even though the receipt said B1GF after the prices (buy one, get free?) The clerk had to give me a refund. I don’t know if this is a corporate problem, or just my Walgreens. Check your tape carefully before you leave the store.

• Heather says:

Riannon, I just had the same problem at my Walgreens. I purchased 4 Powerades at $.89 each and tried to use 2 – $1/1 coupons and 2 – $.75/1 coupons. The register stopped the cashier after she used 2 of the $1 coupons and wouldn’t let her go any further with the other 2 – $.75 coupons. The cashier said it was because the $1 off coupons were more than the value of the Powerades I purchased. Whatever…I still have some learning to do with these Walgreens deals but I apprreciate everybody’s postings with their findings! Thanks!

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy