MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Walgreens: August Freebies and what deals did you see?

My brain is functioning in low gear tonight. I know there must be some good Walgreens deals in this ad (thanks, Hot Coupon World!) but I’m just not seeing anything to jump up and down about. Help me out by sharing what great deals I’m overlooking in the comments section.

The August EasySaver Rebate deals are now valid and there are some pretty good ones to be had. Here are the freebies for this month:

Buy 1 Pert
Plus 2-in-1 Shampoo or Conditioner (13.5 oz.) at $4.29, Get
$4.29 Rebate
Use $2/1 coupon or $3/1 coupon from 06/29 SmartSource insert
Free plus overage after coupon and rebate!

Buy 1 jane Be Pure Mineral Powder, Brush or Foundation at $4.99, Get $4.99 Rebate

Buy 1 Walgreens Soft White Light Bulbs 4 Pack or 3 Way Single at $1.99, Get $1.99 Rebate

Buy 1 Living Solutions Vacuum Bags 21.5"x33.5" or 13.4"x19.5"/18"x22.5" 2-pack at $5.99, Get $5.99 Rebate

Buy 1 Living Solutions Vacuum Bag 35"x48" at $9.99, Get $9.99 Rebate

Buy 1 BioINFUSION Organics or Olive Hair Care at $5.99, Get $5.99 Rebate (LIMIT 2!)

Buy 1 Walgreens Pitcher Filter Replacement Cartridge at $6.99, Get $6.99 Rebate

New to shopping at Walgreens? Start here.

What deals did you see this week? What are you buying this week?

43 Comments

• shekinah betz says:

if anyone can still get to there walgreens before closing there is an awesome deal. I was so excited abot it and an employee actually showed it to me. the famous diaper deal made sweeter. Walgreens brand diapers on sale for $5.99 buy 3 packs and use the following coupons- july easy saver $2.50 off each pack, August easy saver another $2.50 off each pack, plus the $2 off from the pharmacy book you’ll need to throw something eles in there b/c your total will be -$2.93 plus you’ll get back the $5 RR!!!! I did the deal 4 times and it was smooth sailing.

• Jenni says:

I think I heard via hot coupon world or some web site that there’s a Register Rewards deal for a lot of products, the main one being Oil of Olay Bodywash. Buy $10 worth (and the bodywashes are on sale for 3/$10), get $3 RR, buy $20, get $7 RR. If you still have the 7-06 PG $2/1 coupons hanging around, you could theoretically get 6 bottles of body wash for $1 after RR and coupons ($20 – $12 – $7), which in my book, is an excellent deal.

• Jenni says:

Oil of Olay Bodywash is on sale (3/$10) and earning register rewards. Buy $10, get 3 RR, buy 20, get 7 RR. If you still have $2/1 coupons from the 7/06 PG insert, you could buy up to 6 bottles for $20, and after coupons and RR you’d get 6 bottles for $1. Sounds like a deal to me . . . 🙂

• Lenora says:

The milk is a pretty good deal…two gallons for $5.00

• Trinity says:

The arm and hammer is a good dael but no coupon
    Sparkle paper towels is good deal no coupons though
    Purina Puppy chow is good $3.99 have $4 coupon
    Large liquid hand soap is a good deal no coupon
    Not sure about the care bear wipes if they are good but 300 for $5 sounds good
    4 12/pk of pepsi products for $10 is nto too bad
    gallon of milk for $3.39 is good
    Angel soft is not bad but no coupon

That is all I see…wish I had coupons for the good ones.

• Jenn says:

I saw that Ultra Tuf trash bags are BOGO this week. EasySaver Rebate #33 is for $5 off any two boxes of Ultra Tuf trash bags (20-60 count). Not sure what the price is for the trash bags, but it could be a half decent deal.

• Nicole says:

There is a $1.00 off coupon for the arm & hammer at armandhammer.com This would make the final price 2/$3.99 if your Walgreens would let you use two coupons.

I read on hot coupon world that the Ultra Tuf trash bags are going to be on sale for 2/$10. This would make them free after sale and rebate!

Also the Natural Instincts hair color is a good price. 2/$12 – B1G1 free MC in tomorrow’s paper, – $2.00 MC in 7/6 P&G – $2.00 in RR. Final Price 2/$2.00

• Kahle says:

skintimate shave gel is .99-.55 coupon from recent insert is 44 cents- not too bad

• Charlene says:

There are Try me free peelies on bottles of Pert as well to get double rebate back. Mac N Chz is .69 if people still have Planters or the Kraft free wyb q’s.

• Rachel says:

I don’t have a Walgreens where I live, but I did see the Weight Watchers candy on sale 2/$3 and I have a B1G1 coupon from a May-ish insert that would make them $0.75 each. I would go for it if ours was built yet! bIt’s still under construction!

• I posted a bunch of deals including the infamous scrubbing bubbles moneymaker over on my blog. Looks like the week is just decent but the monthly money-maker makes it more worth it!

• Terri says:

Pert is free after rebate (Aug Easysaver # 7). If you still have any of those $2 or $3 coupons around, it’s an overage after your rebate.

• Trinity says:

Just got some good deals at Walgreens. I needed to go get the Sunday paper so I decided to get it there so i could grab some books and check out any specials.
    They have a ton of things marked down in every section. I got 1 Sunday paper and someone gave me their coupons from their paper, Huge pack of toilet paper marked down to $4,Pullups marked down to $5, 2 bic pen sets marked down to $1/each, 2 Huggies baby wipes tubs marked down to $1.99.
    Had a $5 off pullups, $1 off Bic and $3 off wipes so my total was $7 and I saved $20!!! Woot!!
    Saw some more things I am gonna go back for in a couple of days.

• Trinity says:

I just went and picked up the August easy saver book and they have typo error that they expire 07/26/2008.

I could not use them at they storebecause hey wouldnt scan and they did not know how to manually put them in. I have contacted corpoate about it.

• Walgreens is pretty blah this week. But, I did do matches for a few decent deals here:

The P&G Deal would be good for those building a stockpile!

• jenni williams says:

I am very new this whats an easy saver and where do it get?

• Erin says:

The Easy Saver Catalog has $1.00 of Crest Toothpaste. Pick up 4 catalogs and buy 4 toothpastes. They will be 1.39 each after coupons. Then, there is a $5.00 rebate when you buy 4 Crest toothpastes this month. After all is said and done you will have 4 toothpastes for 60 cents OOP!

• Erin says:

Oops…I sent in a comment on Crest Toothpaste and was mistaken (sorry). Only the regular Crest was 1.39 with the coupon. In the rebate you have to buy the Whitening Expressions with Scope.

• Marli says:

haven’t seen this one mentioned yet…
    NIVEA LIP BALM–FREE PLUS OVERAGE
    In 7/27 (today’s) paper, there was a rebate form for Nivea Lip Balm ($2.99 value) and Walgreen’s Easy Saver booklet has a $.50 coupon!

• Marli says:

OH one more…today’s paper also had a $1 off M&M’s Premiums and the easy saver has $2/2. So if you get two, you could get $4 off. I’m not sure how much they are though. This could be a nice way to do the movie ticket deal if anyone is doing that– you spend $12 on Mars candy you can get a free movie ticket with the easy saver booklet.

• Shannon says:

In response to jenni williams, the easy saver is a coupon/rebate book that you can pick up right where they have the weekly ads in the store. I had never noticed it before I started looking at this site either. Pick it up though. Even if it is just for the rebates it is a great deal.

• Jenny says:

I’m new to this site and coupon use. I’ve been reading, but haven’t done anything yet. So my question is: There is a coupon in my newspaper ad for a One Touch Ultra Mini Blood Glucose Monitoring system and Walgreens has a rebate coupon for the same system. How does that work? Do I get charged the $14.99 and send in the rebate or do I pay anything and still get the rebate? The coupon is “Save up to $20 on any OneTouch system”.

I don’t actually need the system, but thought for free, I can donate it. Thanks for the help. I’ve gone through the Walgreens turitorial set up, but still need to get it done!

• jenni, the Easy Saver is Walgreen’s monthly Rebate booklet. It contains both coupons and rebate deals. You will find it at the front of the store next to the weekly sales ad.

• SarahG says:

Please help! I am going to purchase 3 of the Olay body washes for $10 today. I have two $2 coupons and one $1 coupon along with a $3 RR. Can I use all of those with 3 body washes or do I need to throw in a small forth item?

• Rachel says:

HELP!

I am new to “shopping strategically” and don’t really understand the Register Rewards at Walgreen’s. For instance, in the current ad at Walgreens, on page 21, at the top, it says “Buy $30 or more in participating products, recieve $10 in Register Rewards.” My question is, how do I know what are the participating products? The girl I asked said she thought it was just those Neutrogena products, but she didn’t seem to be too sure. Any other tips for Register Rewards?

If you could help me out I’d really appreciate it!! Thanks!

• Marli says:

UPDATE ON NIVEA! EVEN BETTER!
    I went to walgreens and got the nivea lip balm ($2.99). (I mentioned earlier that there was a rebate in last sunday’s paper and there is a $.50 coupon in the easy saver booklet). I checked out at the beauty counter and the lady said she had a manufacturer coupon if I wanted to use it. It was for $.50. She said nivea sends them coupons a lot. So you end up paying $1.99 oop and getting back $2.99! 🙂

• Alyssa says:

Question:
    Can you use 2 Register Rewards to pay for one transaction? I had one cashier tell me it’s not allowed, but I can’t find it in writing. Is it up to each store?
    Thanks!

• Erin says:

Here is my Walgreens trip this week:
    Bought 2 Herbal Essence Shampoos for 3.33 each. Used a $3 off 2 coupon.
    Bought 2 Gillette deodorants. Used $1.00 off 2 coupon.
    Bought 1 Secert for $3.33 used a 50 cent off coupon.
    Bought the 12 pack of Daisy razors for $5.99 and used $1.00 off coupon.
    Grand total of $22.65. Took off $5.50 in coupons. Paid with a $5.00 RR and got $7.00 in RR’s back. It was like getting in all for about $5.00!!!

I also picked up the foundation that is free with rebate this month.

• Riannon says:

I posted some deals that I found on my site if anyone is interested in checking them out.

• Rachel, it looks like the Neutrogena is the only thing for that particular RR. Usually they have a box or something around it to help you see what is offered. The header is only over the 2 Neutrogena items.

Alyssa, I have used more than one before, but it seems like a lot of Walgreens are really cracking down on the coupons. Bummer!

• Stacy says:

Where did you guys get the coupons for the oil of olay body wash?

• Andrea says:

It looks like my Nivea lip balm rebate is for a coupon that you can use in stores for another lip balm, not a check for $2.99. So … you will spend whatever you pay for the 1st lip balm, postage to mail in the rebate, wait for a few weeks, and you can go to the store and get the 2nd lip balm for free.

• Finance Girl says:

The Oil of Olay bodywash coupons were in one of the newspaper inserts (Smart Source or Red Plum) a few weeks ago. There are also some $1 and $1.50 coupons out there from previous weeks. I’m not sure which date they are from, though.

• erin says:

This deal in Oklahoma is you buy 2 at 5.99 each, but only get a 5.99 rebate back, so in essence you end up paying 5.99 for 2.

You might double check this for other states.

• Heidi says:

At my Walgreens, there was a huge bin in the front of the store with flourescent light bulbs marked down to $2.25 each. On each package, there was a coupon stapled to it for $2.00 off. I bought several at 25 cents each!

• Kristen says:

To answer Shannon’s question. I went to Walgreens today and bought the One Touch Ultra Mini Blood Glucose Monitoring system with the coupon from the paper for up to $20 off. In the add it’s says there is a rebate in the box… I haven’t found it yet… but I haven’t looked real hard for it yet. But with the coupon it was free anyways so I am happy but it would be really cool if I could find the rebate!!!

• Melanie says:

Can you use a coupon with an item that they are offering for a rebate? I have done this in the past and I didn’t get the rebate.

• Melissa says:

I was so excited today when I went and got all of my great deals and was actually paid 2.96 to get everything! 🙂 Not to shabby for my first day out. I have a pic up and details of everything that I got!

• Anonymous says:

There is a $5/$20 coupon on Walgreens website, good for today (7/31) only.

• Anna in IL says:

I’m hitting Walgreens this afternoon. Here’s what I’m planning to buy. (I used the virtual coupon organizer at couponmom.com to help me find the coupons.)

2 – Olay Ribbons body washes ($6.67)
    minus $1.50 coupon, minus $2.00 coupon

2 – Olay Botanicals body washes ($6.67)
    minus $2.00 coupon, minus $1.00 coupon

1 – Tag Body spray ($3.33)
    minus $1.00 coupon

2 – Old Spice Red zone spray ($6.67)
    minus $1.00 coupon

1 – Children’s Zyrtec ($9.99)
    minus $3.00 coupon from flyer at dr.’s office

It will come out to $21.83 after coupons, then I will use the $5/$20 purchase coupon (good today only – from walgreens.com) to make it $16.83. And I will get a $7 Register Rewards certificate for purchasing the body washes and body sprays. So my net cost will be $9.83.

• Anna says:

I have a question. I bought Ultra TUF 36 Tall Kitchen 13 Gallon bags for $3.99 and got one for free (B1G1 Free sale). Can I get the $5 Easy Saver rebate ($5 on 2)? In other words, does Walgreens view the free one as being purchased?

Also, is there a way to check your rebate claims before finalizing them? I still want to be able to add receipts for the month of August…is there a way to see my claim total at this time?

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy