MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Coming Friday: Dress Like a Cow Day and Get Free Food at Chick-Fil-A!

Sidebar_cow_eatmore

Chick-Fil-A is celebrating cow appreciation day on Friday, July 11, 2008. If you dress head-to-toe like a cow you’ll receive a free combo meal. If you wear a cow accessory you’ll receive a free entree item. More details here.

Now for the fun part! Because I love Chick-Fil-A and because I like to keep things exciting, we’re celebrating "Dress Like a Cow Day" here on Friday. If you have a Chick-Fil-A nearby and you aren’t ashamed of doing something a little goofy in order to get free food, here are the details:

::Dress up in some way, shape, or form like a cow. There are lots of ideas here to get your creative juices flowing. The only stipulation is that you use materials you already have on hand to make your cow costume; do not go out and buy something to make your costume otherwise it ruins the whole concept of the food being free! Get your whole family in on the act, if possible.

::Take pictures of your whole clan dressed up and ready to head out the door to Chick-Fil-A. (Or get extra points for taking the pictures at Chick-Fil-A!) I’ll have a Mr. Linky up so you can post the link to your cow-adorned pictures for all of us to see.

::Enjoy your free food, make an unforgettable memory with your children and/or friends, and have a blast while other people look at you like you’ve lost your mind. Oh the things we frugal folks will do when there is free food involved!

I promise you, this is going to be udderly hilarious; I can hardly wait to see what crazy costumes you all come up with! And yes, I’m going to do it too. My friend Jessica roped me into this and there’s no backing out now… but I’m pretty sure I’m too chicken to do the full head-to-toe thing. 🙂

15 Comments

• FlyLadyFan says:

My dd5 was a cow for last Harvest Holiday so we’re mooooo-ving ahead of the herd. Have some fabric left over too. What great fun! Luv your blog, read daily for months but never commented before. Thanks for your hard work and God bless.

• Kris says:

Crystal, this is awesome. Can’t wait to see pictures of the girls.

• I will get her head to toe if it kills me!

• People, I’ll get her “head-to-toe” if it kills me! 😉

• Bonnie says:

I don’t want to be a spoil-sport but here is our experience with a very bad manager over this.

2 years ago, I thought this would be a cool free lunch date with my hubby. We were the only ones in a “rich-people area” Chic-fil-a wearing black spots. We felt pretty silly but we were getting free food right? The manager turned her nose up at us. She took hubby’s credit card and was like “it’s okay; this is just between us.” It was almost as if she was only going to pretend to charge us so the other customers didn’t get the same idea. We later found the whole meal on our credit card bill. I was so upset about being billed “secretly”. I emailed the cooperate office and they graciously sent me coupons for a free meal. The same manager called me later in the week and apologized but never admitted that she was the one to charge us.

This was probably just a bad store, but I wanted to give you a heads up. You might end up paying for it.

******************
    Money Saving Mom here: That’s too bad you had a less-than-pleasant experience, Bonnie. I’m not sure why she asked for the credit card? That’s rather strange and I certainly wouldn’t have played along!

I don’t think anyone else needs to worry, though. Just don’t give out your credit card and you should be fine. And this would be yet another reason why paying with cash guarantees you don’t get charged for something you didn’t intend to pay for in the first place! 🙂

Glad you got everything squared away. I’ve only had very pleasant experiences at Chick-Fil-A and continue to be a very loyal customer–especially when they offer free food!

• Rachel says:

My family did the cow appreciation day last year, and it was so much fun!!! We took pictures, ate free food, and had a blast. The Chick-fil-A we went to was also one in a “rich-people area”, but we had a great experience. The manager was very excited that we had dressed up because so few people did. He even asked for pictures to display at their Chick-fil-A. It was great.

• Hallie says:

We did this too and had a blast. We love Chic-fil-a!

My boys drew black spots on brown paper grocery bags, and I cut holes for arms and necks. We used an extra bag to make ears and tails. So much fun! Since then, they ask to dress up like cows from time to time.

My friend brought her baby dressed in a onesie with black felt spots on it.

We had a great experience in-store too. Free balloons, free food, fun with friends–too bad we don’t have a Chic-fil-a where we live now!

I posted a pic of my son Will in a cow costume (although he didn’t draw spots on it) on my blog if anyone wants to see what we did.

• Rachel says:

We are Chick-fil-a people here, I mean really. My whole family works for the company. So sorry to hear Fishmama’s bad experience, this should not be typical service! Customer service is HUGE to them. My brother runs a store here in Georgia and his marketing woman has contacted over 2000 people who plan to visit his store on Friday for Cow Appreciation Day!

• Wendy says:

This does not have to do much with the free offer but I was at Chick-Fil-A today and they are giving out Doreen Cronin books (Duck for President, Dooby Dooby Moo, etc.) with the kid’s meal. I just wanted the book and got them for $1.15/each. A great way to get the great books for cheap!

• Wendy says:

This doesn’t have to do with the free offer but today I went to Chick-Fil-A and saw that they are giving away Doreen Cronin books (Duck for President, Click Clack Moo Cows that Type, Dooby Dooby Moo and Giggle Giggle Quack) in the kid’s meal. We had already eaten lunch and all I wanted were the books. I was able to get two of them for $1.15 each. They are paperback but I thought it was a nice, cheap way to get a copy of these books my kids love!

• Chick-fil-A says:

Hi – thanks for posting. There’s a site that offers tips on how to get you and the entire family dressed for your free Chick-fil-A!

• Carl says:

Hi – Looking forward to seeing you all at Chick-fil-A on Friday in full cow gear! Be sure to check out http://www.cowappreciationday.com for other easy tips on how to dress to get your free Chick-fil-A!

• Trinity says:

Funny story about this! For some reason I got it stuck in my head that the 11th was Thursday(today) so off we went dressed as cows to Chick-fil-a. So long story short. They were so happy we came and how cute we loooked that they gave us free food anyway and told us we have to come back again tommorow for more!!!LOL

• Trinity says:

not sure why but my post that i put up just went up poated by Carl. This happened before on another post am i dooing something wrong?

• Linda says:

I work at Chick-fil-a. In fact I’ll be there from 6-2 tomorrow. Cow appreciation day is supposed to be at every restaurant. Fishmama was right to contact corporate. Chick-fil-a is built on great customer service, I have no idea what that manager/store was thinking!

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy