MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Regional Grocery Store Deals: Meijer and ACME

Meijer: Four pounds of tilapia for $3.98 – From JessieLeigh:

Just wanted to let you know that Meijer (at least here in North Central Indiana) has 16 oz packages of frozen tilapia on sale buy two get two free. These are ordinarily $5.99 each, so four would cost $11.98. At Meijer’s MealBox page here you can print as many coupons as you want for $2 off one pound of frozen tilapia.  Armed with four coupons, you should be able to walk out with 4 pounds of fish for less than four dollars. Not bad!

Meijer: Free dog snacks – From Jody:

There is a current catalina deal going on at Meijer:

Buy Purina Band Dog Snacks, any size, any variety between 5/30 & 6/21:

Buy 2 Get $1 Off Your Next Shopping Order (OYNSO)
Buy 3 Get $2.50 OYNSO
Buy 4 or more
Get $4 OYNSO

If you buy 4 Purina Cheweez sticks (the small packs) at $0.99, you’ll get $4 back! Free dog snacks!

Also, Purina
Tiny T Bonz Snacks are $2.99 and Buzy Bones 2 pks are $3.29. If you buy 4
of either and use the recent $1.50/1 coupons on each of them (from the 03/16, 04/06, or 05/11 inserts), it will be $2 or a little more for 4
packs of doggie snacks!

ACME: Free Texas Toast Croutons – From Be Thrifty Like Us

Until Thursday at ACME Markets, 5/29, Texas Toast Croutons are on sale
for $1.00 a bag. In the previous week’s coupon insert (sorry I don’t
know the exact one) there were .55 cent off on one bag coupons. ACME
doubles all coupons up to $1.00, so you can get them for free after
coupon.

13 Comments

• foxfire says:

Unless I am missing something here, the printable coupon from Meijer says 1 coupon per purchace. Essentially you would get 2 1lb bags for $3.99 (5.99-2 coupon). Still not bad- thanks for sharing!

• FoxFire: Most coupons say “one per purchase” which essentially means you can use only one manufacturer’s coupon per item you purchase or one store coupon per item your purchase. So if you buy four items, you can use four coupons. Make sense?

The only time when you can use more than one coupon per item is when you are stacking both a store coupon and a manufacturer’s coupon.

Hope that helps!

• cassie says:

I just linked you on my website. I really enjoy your page. Thank you for everything you’ve shared!

• Jamie says:

Meijer also has Maxwell House coffee on sale for half price (1.74) and we have 1.00 off coupons to make it only .74. I have that and more Cincinnati area deals for Meijer, Kroger, etc.. at my blog:

thriftyinthecincy.blogspot.com

• Kate says:

Thanks for the tilapia tip. I’m going to head to Meijer tonight. The coupon only says “Not to be combined with any other discount coupons,” meaning you can’t use the tilapia coupon with another Meijer $ off coupon. You can use the 4 on 4 bags.

• Carol S. says:

The tilapia coupons combined with the sale were a fantastic deal. I just got back from Meijer and got 4 pounds of fish for 99 cents a pound. I am seriously considering going back for another 4 bags. Thank you so much for posting that!!

• Alison says:

I can’t figure out how to get to the coupons on the Meijer Mealbox website. I have an account. Can someone help? Thanks.

• Alison – when you go to the Meijer Mealbox link. It will bring up the box on the right with several tabs at the top, “Recipes, Specials, Shopping List.” Click the Specials tab and it brings up all available coupons. Click the coupon you want and it will bring that one up individually. Select print and it opens up another box to print it. HTH!

• Carol S. says:

Alison: The Meijer Mealbox coupons are tricky for sure. It took me a while to understand…

OK, after you sign in, click on the tab at the top that says “Specials” and that should go right to the coupons. You scroll down the coupon choices, click on the one you want,and it changes to an enlarged version. Then there is a choice of “add to shopping list, recipes, or print”.

Choose “print” and a pop-up box with the coupon formatted will appear. You need to enable pop-ups if you haven’t already. Then just send that to print as you would any other document.

Once you figure it out, the beauty is that there’s no print limit!!

• Sarah says:

Meijer also has select Aunt Millie’s bread, hamburger and hot dog buns on sale buy one get two free. I think I remember the regular price of the bread to be around $3, and the buns might be less. There were $.35 off coupons both for bread and for buns at least once in the last month or so, maybe twice. These would double to be $.70 off times three, assuming that Meijer will let you use coupons for all three items. I haven’t tried that before.

• Riannon says:

If anyone shops at Dierbergs, Schnucks, or Shop ‘n Save, I have deals for them posted on my site. Thanks!

• Sheena says:

Thanks for the Meijer tilapia deal! Unfortunately, my Meijer wouldn’t let me use 4 $2 off coupons b/c of the B1G1 free sale; I could only use 2, but still that’s a good deal! 🙂

• Chris from St. Mary's says:

I just got back from Meijer’s. I went through UScan and the cashier did let me use all four coupons. Then my debit card wouldn’t go through. Evidently they were having problems with all Chase debit cards so I grabbed a credit card (which I will pay off when I get my bill) and took care of it.

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy