Whew! I had no idea that jet lag would hit me like it did when I got home. I have slept so, so much since I got back from South Africa!
I’m usually someone who can push through, if need be, when I’m tired. But jet lag has been a powerful force to be reckoned with! The first few days, I slept much more than I was awake. And now I’m finding that I can usually barely keep my eyes open after 7:30 p.m. at night!
The last few nights, as I’ve started dozing off so early, Silas will come up and shake me and say, “Mom, please don’t go to sleep again!”
Jesse and the kids have been incredibly kind to let me catch up on rest and they’ve done most of the cleaning, cooking, and laundry while I’ve been mostly a walking zombie.
Gratefully, the 8-hour time difference in South Africa has worked some in my favor because my body has adjusted to going to bed really early (7:30 to 8:30 p.m.) and getting up really early (I’m waking up — without an alarm clock! — at 2:30 to 3:30 a.m.) I had hoped to get back on a good early to bed/early to rise schedule in 2015 and this sure kick-started that habit!!
After taking the last five days mostly “off” from my normal responsibilities, I’m feeling mostly all rested and energetic and ready to jump back into the swing of things around here.
My goals for this week:
1. Continue on with our Morning Time routine. Read aloud for at least 20 minutes every day.
2. Write a love note to Jesse.
3. Finally get our Christmas thank you’s mailed (can I plead the fact that I was in South Africa for the lateness of these??)
4. Clean out the refrigerator. Get caught back up on laundry.
5. Take Kathrynne on a special one-on-one outing for her birthday.
6. Exercise at least 4 times (I’m trying out these BeFit in 30 workouts + doing a little jogging/running.)
7. Finish at least two books.
8. Knit a Cosy Posy Ear Warmer.
10. Finish my first round of book edits.
How did you do on last week’s goals? What are your goals for this week? I’d love to have you share your progress on last week’s goals and your goals for this coming week in the comments. Of, if you’ve blogged about it, leave your direct link below. Let’s cheer each other on to live purposeful and productive lives! You can download a free customizable weekly goal-planning sheet here.