Living on a Dime has put together a list of 10 Foods You Didn’t Know You Could Make at Home. Did you know you could make all of these? Have you tried making all of these before?
Platform University — Michael Hyatt’s online membership community — is hiring a part-time virtual Communications Assistant.
Here are some of the details of the job opportunity:
The position of Communications Assistant is a part-time employee position and it is a virtual position. The employee will start at 20 hours per week but will likely grow to full-time status as the position continues to develop. Hours are somewhat flexible, as this position is more about accomplishing certain tasks and objectives with a high level of responsiveness than adhering to a set clock in/clock out time. Occasionally, there would be the need to work additional hours on evenings and weekends during a launch or other event which happens a few times a year.
Due to the high-growth nature of this business, the duties and responsibilities of this position will likely evolve and expand over time, so we are looking for someone who has the capacity and desire to grow with the position.
Skills & Abilities
- Communication Skills: The Assistant must be an excellent communicator, in both written and oral form. This includes high proficiency in spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Organization: Our Assistant needs to be highly organized and detail-oriented. We need someone with the ability to think at a big-picture level— looking at our annual content calendar — and then break those large projects down into actionable steps including production deadlines, posting schedules & corresponding calendar items.
- Discretion: Since our Assistant will sometimes be working with high-profile individuals, discretion and sensitivity regarding confidential information is a must.
- Technologically Proficient: While experience with some or all of the technology platforms that we use is ideal, including InfusionSoft, WishList Member, Rhino, WordPress, etc., we are willing to train the right candidate. However, the ability to embrace and learn new technology quickly is an absolute must. We also prefer someone who is an Apple computer and software user.
- Copywriting and Editing: The Assistant should possess supreme copywriting skills. The ability to communicate effectively in the Platform University brand voice is critical to this position.
Update: Michael’s team reached out to me today to clarify a few questions readers had in the comments regarding the StrengthsFinder test you are required to take in order to be eligible to apply. Here’s what they said:
- A quick and inexpensive test called StrengthsFinder is a required step in the application process for this position.
- We are in no way affiliated with that test and don’t stand to gain anything by requiring you to take it.
- We just believe in intentionally designing our team so that each member can work in their sweet spot & we need to know your strengths in order to do that.
- We think you’ll really enjoy learning about your own strong suits through this test. It’s been hugely helpful for every member of our staff who’s gone through this same process.
I was so excited to be able to take advantage of the Target Maxi Skirt deal today! I wasn’t sure if our store would have any left, but I was going to be right by Target so I figured it wouldn’t hurt to run in and check.
I found a small selection with 4 different patterns available and I was especially happy because they still had them in my size!
The deal worked like a charm — the first skirt rang up at $19.99, the second skirt rang up at half price ($9.99), and then the Cartwheel coupon took off an additional 50%, making my total just $14.98 + tax.
This deal is only valid through Saturday (June 20, 2015). Read more details on the deal here.
Did you get any great deals this week that you were especially excited about? Tell us in the comments!
2 half gallons Milk – Marked down to $1.25 each
2 bags (8 oz) Kroger Shredded Cheese – $1.99 each
4 Gala Apples – $1.98
4 Nectarines – $1.41
2 Chuck Pot Roast – Marked down to $3.36 and $3.92
1 bag Kroger Tortilla Chips – $1
1 Celery – $1.49
1 Lettuce – $0.99 (I bought this and then noticed later that day that the lettuce in our garden was ready to be picked. We have lots and lots of lettuce now so we’ll be eating quite a few salads this week.)
1 lb Simple Truth Organic Ground Beef – Marked down to $3.49
1 Green Pepper – $0.79
1 bag Frozen Strawberries – $3.47
4 Muller Greek Yogurt – $0.88 each
2 Larabars – $1 each, used 2 $0.40/1 printable – $0.60 each after coupons
1 Kroger Spaghetti Sauce – $1.49, received $0.20 Ibotta rebate – $1.29 after rebate
Items a part of the Mega Sale (Buy 5, Get $5 off instantly):
1 Goldfish Puffs – $0.99, used $0.50/1 coupon from the 6/14 SmartSource insert – $0.49 after coupon
1 Oscar Meyer Deli Meat – $2.49
1 Cottage Cheese (16 oz) – $1.49
Total after sales and coupons: $40.34
1 pkg Grapes – $2.13
2 Cucumbers – $0.60 each
1 Challenge Butter – $2.99, used $0.75/1 printable (doubled) – $1.49 after coupon
1 Jolly Time Popcorn – $1.49, used $0.50/1 printable (doubled) – $0.49 after coupon
4 boxes Cheerios Cereal – $1.99, used 2 $1/2 printable (both doubled because they were different coupons) – $0.99 each after coupons
1 box Betty Crocker Supreme Brownie Mix – $1.89, used $0.75/1 printable (doubled) – $0.39 after coupon
1 Fiber One Lemon Bars – $1.99, used $0.75/1 printable (doubled) – $0.49 after coupon
Total after coupons: $10.15
My mom also gave me 4 bags of chocolate chips as well as a bag of frozen blueberries and a bag of frozen mulberries (from their mulberry bush).
Total for all grocery items: $50.49
Menu Plan for this Week
Toast & Eggs x 2
Oatmeal with Fruit
Cereal x 3
Banana Muffins (I have a few bananas that are going bad from the last couple of weeks so I’m planning to use these up.), Fruit
Turkey, Cheese, Crackers, Carrots x 2
Macaroni and Cheese, Tossed Salad
Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches, Celery Sticks
Turkey Sandwiches, Sliced Apples
Lunch at my parents
Tossed Salad, Crackers
Roast, Potatoes, Carrots
Dinner with my family (celebrating my sister’s birthday)
Spaghetti, Green Beans, Tossed Salad
Salad Bar with Grilled Chicken
Chicken Drumsticks (from last week’s shopping trip), Biscuits, Tossed Salad
Yogurt, Fruit Smoothies, Banana Muffins, Granola Bars
Download this free printable Cash Envelope System to help you stick with your budget.
Update: I thought this was a full ebook, but just discovered that it’s only a portion of the ebook you’ll get as a download. My apologies on incorrectly understanding what this offer was.
If I’ve learned anything about social media and how to market well on social media, it’s that photos make all the difference in the world. Good, eye-catching photos can result in literally thousands more views and clicks on a post.
Which is why I’m excited about this free Photography Ebook to teach you how to take photos that stand out and get more engagement on Facebook and other social media outlets. I definitely am checking it out as I have a lot to learn when it comes to photography!
Psst! Find out how to set up your own money-making blog in just 8 simple steps here.