Platform University — Michael Hyatt’s online membership community — is hiring a part-time virtual Communications Assistant.
Here are some of the details of the job opportunity:
The position of Communications Assistant is a part-time employee position and it is a virtual position. The employee will start at 20 hours per week but will likely grow to full-time status as the position continues to develop. Hours are somewhat flexible, as this position is more about accomplishing certain tasks and objectives with a high level of responsiveness than adhering to a set clock in/clock out time. Occasionally, there would be the need to work additional hours on evenings and weekends during a launch or other event which happens a few times a year.
Due to the high-growth nature of this business, the duties and responsibilities of this position will likely evolve and expand over time, so we are looking for someone who has the capacity and desire to grow with the position.
Skills & Abilities
- Communication Skills: The Assistant must be an excellent communicator, in both written and oral form. This includes high proficiency in spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Organization: Our Assistant needs to be highly organized and detail-oriented. We need someone with the ability to think at a big-picture level— looking at our annual content calendar — and then break those large projects down into actionable steps including production deadlines, posting schedules & corresponding calendar items.
- Discretion: Since our Assistant will sometimes be working with high-profile individuals, discretion and sensitivity regarding confidential information is a must.
- Technologically Proficient: While experience with some or all of the technology platforms that we use is ideal, including InfusionSoft, WishList Member, Rhino, WordPress, etc., we are willing to train the right candidate. However, the ability to embrace and learn new technology quickly is an absolute must. We also prefer someone who is an Apple computer and software user.
- Copywriting and Editing: The Assistant should possess supreme copywriting skills. The ability to communicate effectively in the Platform University brand voice is critical to this position.
Update: Michael’s team reached out to me today to clarify a few questions readers had in the comments regarding the StrengthsFinder test you are required to take in order to be eligible to apply. Here’s what they said:
- A quick and inexpensive test called StrengthsFinder is a required step in the application process for this position.
- We are in no way affiliated with that test and don’t stand to gain anything by requiring you to take it.
- We just believe in intentionally designing our team so that each member can work in their sweet spot & we need to know your strengths in order to do that.
- We think you’ll really enjoy learning about your own strong suits through this test. It’s been hugely helpful for every member of our staff who’s gone through this same process.