Rhonda emailed in the following tip:
Are you looking for a few simple ways to save $5 a month (or more)? Here are 10 ideas:
- Install the Walmart Savings Catcher app on your phone. Then scan those and pocket the savings if prices on your items are lower at area stores.
- Join Inbox Dollars and earn money through taking survey and reading e-mails.
- Make online purchases through Ebates and earn a percentage of your total back.
- Sell one item you want to get rid of on Craigslist or eBay
- Take aluminum cans, obsolete electronics, batteries, cell phones, old non-working metal items and others to the scrap/salvage yard to sell them.
- Go to the thrift store to buy one item that you would normally buy new.
- Use the $5 off $25 purchase from Dollar General (good most Saturdays of each month)
- Buy greeting cards in a box, at dollar stores, or make them yourself.
- Donate items to Goodwill and receive a coupon worth 25% off your purchase of $15 or more – spend $20 and you will save $5 off the amount. Plus you get a tax deduction for your donation, which saves you money if you itemize deductions on your tax return. It’s a win-win situation!
- Cook a meal at home that you would have eaten at a restaurant.
What are your favorite ways to save at least $5 each month?