On Labor Day, we drove to the Stillhouse Hollow Falls Trail (near Mt. Pleasant, TN) to hike to the waterfall with our friends the Pogues. We had a fantastic time and would highly recommend this hike. And best of all, it’s FREE!
The boys had fun doing a little “off trail” exploring of a tiny waterfall on the way to the big waterfall!
The weather was perfect and the hike was beautiful! There were a number of families with younger kids and quite a few people with dogs (dogs are allowed on the trail so long as they are on a leash).
The trail is 2/3 of a mile and was the perfect trail for kids to hike because it’s not too long to get to the waterfall but it’s still a nice jaunt. The kids had so much fun playing in the waterfall. You could even climb up behind it and sit!
A few things to note:
- The to the waterfall is downhill all the way. So the hike back is a bit more strenuous since it’s
- The temperature at the waterfall is quite cool. Keep this in mind if you go on a day that is not hot and sunny.
- We brought swim trunks for the boys and they ended up getting completely soaked. But they were mostly dry by the time we got back to the car.
- There are no amenities/restrooms. So keep that in mind!
- We brought water bottles and snacks and were definitely glad that we did since we were all thirsty and the kids were hungry after the hike!