I know what you might be thinking, what’s the big deal about that? But I loved what she said and it really challenged me.
Stacy talked about how much she loves white couches and has decided she’s going to have them even though she has young kids.
She said, “I could have waited to get my couches that I really love until my kids are grown, or I could just start enjoying them now”. That’s a paraphrase, but the point hits home with me.
Stacy really encouraged her viewers to stop waiting until they have the perfect conditions to do things and instead start living fully now. Her words stuck in my head.
What Ideal Conditions Are You Waiting For?
Do you find yourself saying things like:
- When my kids are older, I’ll decorate our home the way I like.
- When things slow down, I’ll spend more time with my husband.
- When I can afford a gym membership, I’ll get in shape.
- When I find a better job, I’ll get a better handle on my finances.
- When I have fewer commitments, I’ll make more time for nurturing friendships.
What prerequisites are you putting on living the life you want to lead? We don’t know what tomorrow holds, and we may never get to the ideal conditions.
Instead of waiting to fully live our lives until everything is neat and perfect, let’s live right now. Stop waiting for life to happen and go happen to life!