Thank you so much for your kind words on last night’s post. I hope to get to respond to each one personally, but until then, know that you blessed, uplifted, and encouraged me so very much!
It’s the last day of our Rise & Shine Challenge (since I skipped the weekend posts!). Can you believe it??
This challenge has been good for me and I’ve definitely learned from it. One of the things I think I may have taken away from it is that 4:30 a.m. is too early for me to consistently get up. I know that my body needs at least 7 hours of sleep every night and I’ve made it a big priority to get that amount of sleep (or more!) at least 5-6 nights per week.
But that means I have to go to bed by 9 p.m. and I’m finding that’s really hard to consistently make happen at this season of life. So I may just need to re-arrange some things in the schedule and shoot for 5:30 a.m. instead. That seems to be a better time for me so I think I’m going to stick with 5:30 a.m. for the next few weeks and then re-evaluate.
In addition, I learned that it’s hard to break bad habits. Slipping over the summer and letting myself go to bed so late and then get up late was a difficult habit to break. And it encouraged me to be more intentional about not slipping into bad habits like that again.
I’m thrilled that I feel like this challenge has been the jump start I needed to get back into the early-to-bed, early-to-rise mode. Overall, I’ve been much more productive, feeling more rested, and remembering why I used to love getting up early so much!
Today’s Rise & Shine Challenge Assignment
Today’s challenge is to focus on bringing back the fun into your mornings. This is such a good reminder — and something I need to work on as I tend to be more of a focused mom than a fun mom.
Some ideas I had were:
- Starting the morning with lively music.
- Watching a short YouTube clip in the morning that makes us all laugh.
- Cracking a joke or teasing a family member about something (provided they enjoy being teased!)
- Singing while we do our morning chores.
- Being intentional about smiling more.
- Planning a special breakfast.
What would you add to my list?
This Morning’s Report
- Got up at 5:30 a.m.
- Read my Bible, prayed, read a few devotions from two other books.
- Made some coffee, checked email, and scheduled some posts and Facebook posts. Answered more comments and emails.
- Write a few posts for today. Then, I exercised, showered, and got dressed.
- Switched the laundry and took the big pile of clean laundry out to the living room couch to fold later this morning.
- And then it was time to start in on our homeschooling for the day!