Back to School Clothes Shopping at Thrift Stores

Back-to-school-clothes-thrift-shop

If you need to do some Back-to-School Clothes Shopping, you might consider hitting your nearby thrift stores.

Here are some tips from Queen Bee Coupons on how to find some great school clothing deals at thrift stores.

Comments

I love thrift stores, so why have I never thought about picking up back to school clothes there? thanks for sharing– great idea for saving moms money!!

2. Becky says

We love thrift stores too! We buy most of our 5 grandchildrens back to school clothing there. Thrift stores are a true blessing in this household!

3. KC says

I’ve relied heavily on thrift store shopping for all of our clothes. I’m not sure how anyone can afford to buy everything brand new these days. We’re making it paycheck to paycheck, and so thrift stores are the sensible way to go!

4. rachel says

We just scored four bags of great school clothes, some brand new, from goodwill. GASP!!! Many of them were very expensive brands: Justice, Abercrombie, Aeropostale… Things that I would NEVER purchase because of their prices. $1.50 to $3.00 each, what is not to love??? I also recently scored some converse tennis shoes for $8.00. You can find great items if you take your time and go often. I grew up on hand me downs. It used to bother me to go to goodwill, but now I consider it treasure hunting. My daughter is 11 and she is thrilled to be able to fill her closet with cute and trendy clothes rather than pick a few pieces at the mall for mall prices.

5. Jen says

We have been doing this for several years. There are a few items we buy on sale that are harder to find at thrift stores (usually leggings). One time when I was putting in an order online, my daughter peeked over my shoulder and asked if I would buy a pair of shorts she saw on the site. I told her I wouldn’t be buying them as they were $12. “$12!!! Who would pay $12 for a pair of shorts!!??” was her stunned comment. She went out of the room to share this incredible piece of info with her siblings. Cracked me up as she thinks $1-3 is what is a “normal” price for shorts. There are great deals to be had at thrift stores if you’re willing to look. I always tell my kids it’s like going fishing…sometimes you catch a lot and sometimes you catch nothing, but you keep fishing :)

6. Stephanie says

I love thrift stores also for back to school shopping. I am very fortunate that my teenage children are not picky and can still wear all the name brand clothes for very cheap. I love the article, never thought to go in the middle of July it does make sense though, most people are not looking for fall clothes in the summer. I usually shop salvation army. All of the good will stores near me are pretty gross, they sell stained up, worn out clothes that look like they should be thrown in the garbage.

7. Sara says

Goodwills around us do seem to vary greatly. We try to shop the ones close to nicer neighborhoods as they seem to have nicer brands.