What do YOU want me to write about??

What do you want me to write about??

So, I mentioned that your kind words and enthusiasm for my everyday life posts have pretty much blown me away.

I’ve been having so much fun getting back to my roots as a blogger and just sharing from my heart and sharing the daily life stuff that happens around here.

As I plan out posts for the coming weeks and months, I’d LOVE to hear your input on what types of posts you’d most enjoy reading.

If you have a minute, could you do me a favor and leave a comment letting me know what you’d like me to write about.

Just something simple like: “Crystal, I’d love to see you write on ______” or “Crystal, I wish you’d share about _____” or “Crystal, I’d love to see a post or series on ______.” You fill in the blanks!

The floor is all yours! Ready, set, GO…

{And thank you for your input! You all mean the world to me!}

Comments

1. Di says

Crystal, I would love to hear some tips/ posts on how to have a morning routine when you have small children and/or babies. I don’t know how many times I’ve tried to have a routine only to flounder when something comes up with my kids or my baby (I’ve got three girls ages 6, 4, and six months). I also want to say thanks for all your home-making and money-saving advice – I have learned so much,

2. Sarah says

I love your posts on routine and discipline with keeping a routine. It always inspires me to get back on track.

3. Jill says

Crystal, I would love to hear more about your homeschool routine, curriculum, challenges, etc.

4. Abra says

Keep writing about what you know and how you make it work in day-to-day life. That is definitely why I love your blog so much! I would have never tried freezer cooking if you didn’t help me see how it can work. I also learned a lot through your “21 Days to a More Disciplined Life” eBook.

I’d enjoy seeing the “Ask Jesse” column return, even if it is only monthly.

I could use more help being ready for company, especially on short notice. I know this is one of the advantages to freezer cooking, but share ideas to help us apply it in real life.

This may be good material for some guest posts, but I would love to hear from someone with more of a rural living perspective. Sometimes, I find that blogs are so centered around being right there in a city (which is understandable, most readers probably live in an urban environment). It can get discouraging to live so far away from all the stores and still try to make frugal living work. Also, if you or anyone has experience selling through a pawn shop, it would be interesting to know more about how that works.

Thanks for all that you share! It has definitely helped me.

• Jenny says

Hi Crystal! It took me awhile to think of something I’m curious about that I haven’t seen you cover: Budget fun/blow money. I’m still learning to manage mine. I’m wondering how much thought you put into yours. Are they impulse purchases or planned out? I’d love to be a snoop and get a peek into your fun purchases.

I’ve been trying to read most of the comments to see if I’d overlap in my opinion (and forgive my late-ness in replying, but life happens.) I see a lot of people say they would like more info on homeschooling. I would not. I would immediately skip those posts because it does not pertain to my children and me. I don’t want to hear about curriculums or conventions, unless they really are money saving. As an educator, if you presented it as “educational things I do with my children at home”, I’d be more apt to read it. Yes, po-tay-toh, po-tah-toh. I loved when you posted those crafts you did with your kids – giant bubbles and unicorns pooping rainbows.. maybe not the last one but..

Also – I’d love to know about the things that challenge you. I know you say that you don’t have everything together, you have a great team working for you, and that you are definitely not supermom.. but it still seems like you don’t struggle at all. I’m not talking about a fear of public speaking that you were able to overcome (and good for you!) .. I’m talking about real life.. how are you a human being and not a machine?

Also with your morning routine, do you have a night time routine? Might be helpful for some of us night owls who get all that you do in the morning done while the kids are asleep at night.

Thanks for listening.

6. beth says

I love all of the peeks into your life. It’s awesome to see favorite bloggers as “real” people. I would love more posts about parenting your kids (since I have 2 kids under 4 and am always looking for inspiration). The things that you have found hardest while parenting and your favorite things about different ages. Also, any updates on your favorite small splurges. I find that it can be small fun things (like a nice candle) that add much to my days. Love your blog!

7. Marion says

I love that you are back to your blogging roots. I have been reading you since before MSM. I truly have enjoyed all your personally post since you moved to Nashville. What I would love to see you write about are details about your health goals. Like what kind of big salad do you eat every day. I am a bit sick of salad! And drinking water has gotten a bit boring. What do you do too spicy it up a bit??

Also I wanted to thank you. B/c of MSM we discovered Dave Ramsey and a cash budget. Our lives are changed but more importantly we changed our children’s legacy.

8. Anna says

Crystal,

It was fun to hear about your recent move because we are also in the process of moving this summer, and I’d love to hear about how you saved money in your move. There are so many options with moving, but it can all be so expensive too! What worked well for you? I’d love to hear ways of being efficient with our time, making sure our things are safe, but still being able to save money. Thanks!

9. Julie says

Hi Crystal, I would love to know more about your minimalist-ish storage solutions, especially when it comes to your children’s toys. I’ve noticed that when you clean out your kids’ closets, there aren’t any toys in them, and I’d love to know more about that!

We have four kids, all of whom share a room aside from the baby, who sleeps in the living room. We don’t have a basement, play room, or similar spot for storing toys, and it shows in the way the toys have taken over.

My best efforts to corral, arrange, and sort what toys we keep are falling short. We try to pass on toys that we’re not currently enjoying, but I would like to know what works best for your family to see if there are some ideas that we could incorporate in our home. Thanks!