Get $176 in FREE Bonuses from Capital One!

Could you use an extra $176 in cash right now? Well, I’ve got exciting news for you! You can get $176 in bonuses for the next three days only with this special offer from Capital One. You’ll want to jump on this while you can!

Here’s how to get $176 in bonuses:

#1. Open a Savings Account and get $76 in Bonuses

::Open a no-fee 360 Savings® account between June 30 and July 3, 2014.

::Deposit a minimum of $500.

::Get a free $76 bonus after 30 days. You can close your account or leave your money in there and earn interest on it.

Sign up for you $76 free bonus here.

(Note: If you plan to do both offers, be sure to open the Savings Account first, then the Checking Account.)

#2. Open a New Checking Account and get $100 in Bonuses

::Open a fee-free 360 Checking® account between June 30 and July 3, 2014.

::Use your Debit Card to make 5 purchases or use CheckMateSM to make 5 remote check deposits (or a combination of both) within 45 days of opening your account.

::On day 50, a $100 bonus will be added to your account. You can close your account or leave your money in there and earn interest on it.

There is no minimum purchase required, so you could make 5 small purchases to qualify. Sign up for your $100 bonus here.

(Note: The link in this post is my referral link. Read my disclosure policy here.)

Comments

If my kids have savings accounts with Capital One but are now old enough to open a checking account with them, do you think that will work for this promo?

2. kari moore says

I want to do this for my son but how doea he deposit his pay checks. They dont offer direct deposit where he works.

• Kristen says

Kari, does your son have a smartphone? If so, he can deposit the checks with the CapitalOne app on the phone, essentially by taking a picture of the front and back of the check. It’s really easy and the money becomes available in a few days.

• shawn'l says

You don’t have to have a smart phone with an app. You can take pictures with a digital camera or even use a scanner then upload them to the website.

3. Rebecca says

For the savings account – I know the bonus money accumulates interest over 30 days and you can’t take it out for 30 days, but do you have to keep the initial $500 in there for 30 days? I can’t afford to leave $500 alone for that long.

• Rebecca says

Ok, you don’t have to do both then?

The fine print is confusing because it says the *bonus* accumulates, and doesn’t say the initial deposit does.

“The nitty gritty:
        1)This has to be your or your joint account holder’s (if you have one) first 360 Savings account (this includes Orange Savings Account, too).
        2)Open the account with a $500 minimum deposit.
        3)The bonus starts earning interest on day one, but you can’t take it out for at least 30 days.
        4)0.75% variable Annual Percentage Yield (APY) effective 7/1/2014.”

No, you can do both or just one or the other. While the fine print is confusing, to be safe, I’d recommend leaving the $500 in there for the 30 days so you don’t risk losing the bonus. However, you could call them and see if they’d verify for you that you could take it out before the 30 days is up. And if you do, let us know what you find out.

• Rebecca says

Ok, I called them about being able to use any of your $500 deposit before the 30 days was up. Once you deposit the $500, and after the initial 10 business day hold, you can do whatever you want with the $500 and you will still get the $76 bonus after 30 days. I asked her twice if she was 100% sure and she said yes.

4. Jane says

If you’re opening both, shouldn’t you open the checking first? Don’t you have to be a new member for the checking, and then you can add a savings?

5. Jane says

Okay, thanks! :) I already have a checking account and was able to sign up for a savings account & get that bonus. We will be signing up my daughter for both, but haven’t done it yet. Will let you know.

No, there’s no minimum deposit for the checking account — just enough to cover your debit card purchases required to hit the bonus. I know some people will just do 5 $1 purchases to hit the requirement.

6. kerri says

I already have one of these under my name and one under my husband’s that I am using for our first two children. Does anyone know if I can open another for our third child somehow?

7. Rebecca says

8. Jane says

Hi Crystal. Unfortunately, my 18-year-old daughter was denied a checking account because she has no credit score yet. However, I have a younger child I would like to open a savings account for. I believe if you email me a referral link, I will get $25 for opening a child savings account, and you will also get a bonus. . . would you mind emailing me the link (or posting it somewhere) so we can both get that bonus? Thanks so much!

• Kimberly in NC says

I’m interested in this as well. I would like to open a savings for our youngest, but was wanting a promo bonus to do so like I did for our older two. If this will work thru a referral, please send me a link as well…if you don’t mind.
      Thanks!

As far as I know, they are no longer offering promo bonuses on the kid’s accounts. :( At least they didn’t for Black Friday or the 4th of July this past year, unlike the previous years.

Hmm, I don’t have a referral link for the Kid’s Savings account bonus. You’re so kind to ask! Let us know if you find one online somewhere. Last I heard, I think they had discontinued offering them… but I could be wrong on that since I’m apart of the affiliate program, not the referral program (I have to do the affiliate program because I’m a blogger; the referral program is for non-bloggers who have Capital One accounts and want to invite their friends, etc.)

• Jane says

I had tried to use the referral program to refer my daughter to open a checking account. The email link that I sent her said there is a $25 bonus when you open a kids’ savings account. Crystal, can you use the referral program as well as the affiliate program? If not, maybe Kimberly in NC and I can exchange info. and refer one another :) I think this might be a standard referral offer, not part of the Independence Day savings.

9. Lisa says

Thank you for the referral link, which I used. Signed up for both accounts. Thank you for saving me SO much money over the years. Keep up the great work!

10. Joanna says

Would it be best to always close the accounts once bonuses are received considering that this promo comes twice a year? Once closed would I be able to do it again when the next promo comes?

I think you can only do this offer once per person per type of of account. But if you have other adults in your household, you can sign them up. {Note: You can sign up multiple adults in your household at once and get multiple bonuses.}

If you already have a checking account and savings account with Capital One, you could set up one for your spouse (if you’re married). Or, if you don’t have an account with Capital One, you could set one up for this offer and then close it after the bonus is awarded (if you’d like).

11. Katie says

I was wondering how often they run this offer? I know I missed the deadline this time around but id like to know if I got a shot at this anytime In The near future. Thanks!!!