Gretchen’s Walgreens Shopping Trip: Spent $1.95 for $49.45 worth of products

DSC_0081
Walgreens Shopping Trip

3 Almay Makeup Remover Wipes at $5.99 – On Sale Buy One Get One 50% off

1 Almay Makeup Remover Pads at $4.99 – On Sale Buy One Get One 50% off

4 Almay Lip Balm at $5.99 – On Sale Buy One Get One 50% off

Used $2/1 Walgreens coupon from the March coupon booklet (it only took it off 7 items)

And used 4 $5/2 printable

Redeemed 2,000 points

Total before coupons, sales and points: $49.45

Total with tax ($2.53) after coupons, sales and points: $1.95 (Plus qualified to receive a free Almay Cosmetic Bag which will be sent in the mail)

Comments

• Gretchen says

Thank you! I was super excited about this shopping trip as both makeup removers and lip gloss was on my to-buy-in-the-next-few-weeks list. :)

Everything was buy one get one half off? Im not seeing how the numbers work out. Didnt you spend over 50.00 and get around that for free?

• Gretchen says

Yes, everything was Buy One Get One 50% off. All the Almay cosmetics are participating. The prices listed are BEFORE the 50% off discount. I hope that helps!

• Shilo says

you still have to pay the tax on the balance before $5.00 off and $2.00 off coupons. I just sat here and tried to figure out how my balance was 37c and my total was 2.92. I had 2.55 cent tax.

• Shilo says

so I was able to get 8 products- originally 5.99 each for $2.92(our walgreens will not redeem points in less than $5.00 increments) but it took off the $2.00 of one Walgreens coupons off all 8.

2. Esther a homeschool mom in Mid-Michigan says

Thanks for posting this Gretchen :)
    I was able to print (4) coupons from (2) computers!
    I had a glitch when they wouldn’t use the coupons for the makeup removers, they said it didn’t qualify. But, no worries, I went and grabbed (4) more lip glosses to make the transaction work. A catalina coupon printed out with a code for the “free spring Almay cosmetic bag” You go online to the website listed on the coupon and fill out the requested info and within 8-10 weeks you get the bag mailed to you. It’s only at Walgreens and I believe you only have to buy (3) qualified Almay products. This was an extra bonus! I love saving the cosmetic bags for gifts for teenage girls at church.

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy