Make sleep one of your highest priorities

Sleep

Have you purchased your copy of Say Goodbye to Survival Mode yet? Get the book here!

(Note: The links in this post are affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.)

Comments

My sole intention for the new year was to get more sleep. When I’m adequately rested, I can do more, eat right, move, and be more productive.
    However, I’m going to tweak that intention to go to be earlier instead of get more sleep because the past month I’ve been oversleeping like nobody’s business. I rarely ever have overslept before in my life so I don’t use an alarm clock. But my body is taking that “get more sleep” goal to the max!

2. Sissy Sweet says

I thought I was doing pretty good in the sleep category. To be sure, I decided to track my sleep for a month. I was only getting 48% of the sleep my body needed on average. Looking at the graph (Motionx 24/7 app) I could see that it took me a long time to fall asleep. Also, when I woke to shift, it took me a while to fall back to sleep. So I started using another app (Sleep Pillow) that puts me to sleep really fast. I found the fan sound made me fall asleep much faster. That bumped me up to 72% of my required sleep, which is much better. There are many sleep apps out there. Another one I like is the centering app. I am asleep way before that finishes. The noise in the back ground puts me right out (relax). I am on a mission to improve my sleep even more, and started a routine of a warm bath before bed.

• Sissy Sweet says

You are the one that inspired me to get more sleep, Crystal. ♥ I feel so much better with a good night’s sleep.

Sissy, have you tried that app, which supposedly senses when you go into a certain sleep cycle where it’s better to wake up than other times and then it plays soft music to gently wake you? I’m not explaining it very well.

I didn’t know there was a fan sleep app. That’s good to know. I have trouble falling asleep without a fan noise even though we’re in the country where it’s really quiet!

• Sissy Sweet says

I love that app (sleep time) and use it when I know I have to be up early, Jennifer. I love the way it gently wakes you during light sleep.

The app (Sleep Pillow) has a great selection of sounds to choose from, including the fan. You can choose from water, rain, music, thunder, wind, camp fire, waterfall, ocean, birds, horse, under water, clock ticking, to name just a few. It’s a great app and worth checking out, if you are having problems getting to sleep. There are several other sleep apps out there, and I encourage you to find the one that suites your needs the best.

I’ve always thought that getting more sleep was important. Having a good night’s rest is good for the body but also helps you be more productive!

4. amy says

I totally agree with this…I am fighting a chronic health condition and this is one area I have really worked on to help my overall health. I used to stay up far too late. Now, I go to bed early. I wake up every morning without an alarm.

5. annie says

This week Hubs and I kept the TV off and read a book instead. Subzero temps here going on 8 weeks now. Being intentional. Lights were off before 10 pm?!?! All week. I don’t feel better yet though. I need some exercise.