Freezer Cooking in an Hour: Peanut Butter Granola Bars, Cinnamon Swirl Bread, and Ham & Cheese Pockets

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

I had another really successful Freezer Cooking in an Hour session earlier this week!

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

Remember the Crockpot Granola that I wasn’t thrilled with? Well, I used it in place of the dry ingredients in the No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bar recipe (plus, I added in some chocolate chips — are you surprised?!)

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

The result? Really amazingly delicious granola bars!

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

It’s been awhile since I’ve made a batch of Cinnamon Swirl Bread.

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

After the loaf came out of the oven, I wondered why I’d waited so long to make this again. Because it is SO good!

Freezer Cooking in an Hour
And these Ham & Cheese Pockets are another recipe I hadn’t made for awhile.

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

Kaitlynn helped me roll out the dough and stuff them, so the pan of pockets had some character, but they tasted delicious, as always.

List of Recipes Made:

Comments

1. JenL says

Can I just say Thank you for Sharing your recipes. We Love the whole wheat bread using the bread machine for the dough. The best and softest homemade bread.we have had.

I really need to start working on filling my freezer like you do. You make it so easy by breaking it down. I made the mistake of doing it all in one day and was so stressed by the end of it.

3. Guest says

I love that you let K help even though her efforts aren’t “pretty”. I had a friend in school who didn’t know how to cook. I asked her how that was possible because her mom was a great cook. She said her mom never let her help in the kitchen so she just never learned. Her mom was a lovely person by the way. I’m sure it just seemed easier to do it herself but it stood out for me as important to let your kids help often!

4. Katie P says

Do you bake all of these before you freeze them? Or do you freeze them and then bake when you are ready to eat?

5. Val says

Just to be certain, did you sub the dry ingredients for the crock recipe for the dry ingredients in the other recipe, or is the link to the no bake granola bars the exact recipe you used, eliminating the rice krispies treats? Thanks!

I had already made the Crockpot Granola (we didn’t really like it) so I subbed that in place of the dry ingredients in the No Bake Granola Bars. I also added in some chocolate chips.

6. angela rogers says

Everything looks yummy.. I was cracking up though.. guess I’m not the only one that re-purposes food. My family always rolls their eyes if we have a “flop” at our house and I’m trying to figure out how I can use it up without throwing it away =) Good job! Thanks so much for sharing all your yummy recipes. Blessings!

7. Alrena says

You make it all look so easy. If I just half your energy I would be over the moon. You inspire me. Thank you for being you. God bless you.

I am going to try freezer in an hour cooking. All of the time I see forty meals in four hours and don’t have that kind of time. However, I do have an hour on the weekends when my husband is home.

We tried freezer “cooking” last night, but it took a whole lot longer than an hour (closer to three). I had a 5 lb. pork loin, two “boneless” chuck roasts (5-6 pounds each), and a new Kitchen Aid meat grinder attachment that I received for Christmas that was getting hungry to be used. We ground all three. I should be posting the results (with the hilarious pictures of Muffin wearing latex kitchen gloves) soon on my blog.

These sound super yummy! :)

I love making granola bars, and have a go-to recipe of my own. My family keeps a little emergency store of food just to be safe/prepared. I don’t want that extra food to go to waste, so I end up rotating through it and replacing it as needed.

Granola bars are a fantastic way to use the extra oats, peanut butter, and honey I have on hand. Here’s my recipe for, “No-Bake ‘Food Storage’ Granola Bars” if you’re interested: