Freezer Cooking in an Hour: Butterscotch Brownies, Cinnamon Roll Cake, Baked Chicken, and Taco Meat

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

Kaitlynn and I did some freezer cooking earlier this week.
Freezer Cooking in an Hour

I made a triple batch of Taco Meat and stuck some chicken in the oven to bake for some baked chicken.

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

The finished frozen Taco Meat and baked chicken.

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

Then, mixed up a Giant Cinnamon Roll Cake.

Freezer Cooking in an HourThis was fun to make and so, so good!

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

In fact, the pan never made it to the freezer. :)

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

Kaitlynn helped me mix together the Butterscotch Brownies.

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

And the Butterscotch Brownies were also a huge success — so delicious!

Recipes Made:

Butterscotch Brownies
Giant Cinnamon Roll Cake
Baked Chicken
Taco Meat

Comments

The cinnamon roll cake looks so good, I’m really going to have to give it a try. I’m fairly certain it won’t make it to our freezer either.

This next week I’m getting my chicken order from Zaycon foods. So I will be processing lots of chicken for the freezer. I usually will grill some of it for pre-cooked chicken for the freezer too. I love how nice it is to have so precooked items in the freezer.

2. Erin says

These sound awesome :) Thanks for sharing!
    Would you recommend baking the cake and brownies before or after freezing?

3. Zoya says

Yum! You’re recipes look delicious! We love cinnamon rolls so that cinnamon roll cake looks like a great idea! Another freezer cooking recipe you might want to try are these taquitos; I made them today and they were so yummy and they are also really freezer friendly! Here’s the link

It has been soooooo long since I’ve done a batch of freezer cooking. I think I might try to plan some in March. What I do have planned for this weekend, though, is to grind some beef roasts and a pork loin into ground beef and pork (and place it in the freezer). That counts, right?

Baked chicken is one of my favorite food. I love cooking too with my six-year-old daughter, this coming Sunday is her 7th birthday and we will be cooking lots of foods!

6. Marie says

Yesterday was my redemption day! I got nothing done Mon. and Tues. and was feeling very overwhelmed. However, yesterday I was able to make 6 lbs. of ground beef into meatballs, taco meat, and chili. This will help my husband when i have surgery next week. I washed up the dishes and did 3 loads of laundry. then I got all my little surprises ready for my family for Valentines. For valentines dinner I am making heart shaped meatloafs, pink mash potatoes and heart shaped brownies or angel food cake with strawberries.