This Week’s Menu Plan + Freezer Cooking in an Hour Plan

Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches for the Freezer

Breakfasts

Oatmeal, Cereal, Eggs, and/or Fruit

Lunches

Mac & cheese, fruit
Snack-y lunch {veggies, cheese, yogurt, fruit, crackers, etc.}
PB&J, carrot sticks, apples

Crockpot Granola
Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches
Italian Chicken

Dinners

Italian Chicken, veggies, bread
Dinner out for Kathrynne’s birthday
Barbecue Chicken, rice pilaf, veggies, fruit
Sloppy Joe Pizza, veggies, fruit
Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes, eggs, fruit
Dinner with extended family x 2

What’s on your menu this week? Tell us in the comments or leave a link to your menu plan post.

Comments

1. Nicole says

For the banana bars, what pan did you use? I don’t have the suggested size for a pan…i wonder if it would work in a cake pan? Or maybe in a muffin pan?

2. B says

Looks good! Off topic- When you move, are you planning on keeping your kitchen table? I love seeing all your pictures with your currant table!

3. Pamela says

I found the same exact banana bar recipe on Pinterest and have made them several times. They are are to die for!! Try this recipe and you won’t be sorry.

• monica says

I agree! That recipe is amazing!! I have better luck when I make it as muffins. They are so moist and amazing. My children love them!

4. Heather says

Hi! I see you have your PB&Js in regular zip top bags… Mine always come out of the freezer and the bread ends up wet/mushy… any tips or idea what we’re doing wrong? Thanks!

5. Carrie says

it looks like your pb & j link got mixed up and takes us to italian chicken instead. i’m really curious about freezing pb&j’s!! so i’ll check back later and see if you get a chance to fix it. :)

One of the new recipes we made this week was really good. It was a Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole and I’m not normally a big casserole person. Have fun birthday celebrating!

7. Nancy says

my biggest “hold up” with doing the “freezer cooking” is my lack of freezer space-I have only 3 of us to feed, but our freezer space is so limited by the type of freezer that we have in our home. (side by side freezer/fridge).
    As anyone had any of these same issues with trying to make freezer cooking work with such limited freezer space? I have no room as it – with what I have bought (a bag of freezer chicken/fish, fruit, vegetables, pork chops-individually sealed, hamburger (1 serving) and some misc. frozen items (waffles, sausage, perrogies). It may just be that simple that once I start making the meals (and utilizing what is in the freezer now)-that space will equal out???
    Is that what you all are finding with limited freezer space to start with?
    Thanks for your feedback!

8. Deena Rood says

Help, Crystal. I can’t locate a recipe I found through your blog about a month ago. The writer had made freezer biscuits and gave a homemade recipe for turkey sausage that she used for the gravy. Can you locate it for me? Thanks.
    Deena Rood

9. Joni Hartman says

For Nancy, I sympathize with your situation.
    Perhaps if you freezer cooked once a week, and only did three recipes, that would give you a few reliable meals. Make enough for some planned leftovers to cook for other things.
    Also, I suggest freezing food in freezer bags whenever possible, as that takes up lots less space than a dish or pan. They can usually be bought in quantity on sale if you watch. My mother washed plastic bags and reused them…I have but they do wear out faster using them in the freezer.
    Transfer your bought store items to bags also, whatever package would save the most space.
    Hope this helps in some way!