Gretchen’s Target Shopping Trip: $43.80 worth of products for $16.41 out of pocket

DSC_0037

Target Shopping Trip

2 Pull-Ups – $7.64 each, used 2 $2/1 Target printable AND 2 $2/1 printable - $3.64 each after coupons

2 Babyganics Diapers – $8.49 each, used 2 $4/1 Target printable AND 2 $1.50/1 printable - $2.99 each after coupons (That’s $0.08/diaper!)  :)

2 Garnier Fructis Cream Gel – $3.49 each, used 2 $2/1 coupon from the 1/12 RedPlum insert AND 2 $0.75/1 Target printable - $0.74 each after coupons (This is my favorite hair gel so I was so excited about this price!)

6 Pillsbury Grands – $0.76 each, used 2 $2/3 Target printable AND 2 $0.40/3 coupon from the 1/26 SmartSource insert – Free after coupons

Total before coupons: $43.80

Total with tax ($1.88) after coupons: $16.41

Comments

1. Lisa G says

Looks like you can also get the BabyGanics coupon to be a $2.50 off by just liking a few retailers on FB and twitter and using your Hopster points to boost the coupon! That makes them only $1.99 a package!!

2. Anna says

The $4 diaper coupon says “one coupon or offer per guest” — did you have a problem using two?

• Emily M says

All of Target’s coupons say one per guest, but their policy says 1 mfc and 1 Target coupon per item up to 4 like coupons per transaction. I never have a problem using more than one same Target coupon in a transaction.

3. Jenna says

Sorry, I’m new to couponing! How did you get two copies of the Babyganics coupon? Or did you just make a copy of the one?

4. Jen says

I see lots of examples of using multiple coupons for one item. I have yet to shop anywhere that will allow this. I don’t get how you guys are able to do this so often.

• Anne says

Store coupons are like another way they offer a sale price so you are allowed to stack that with a manufacturer’s coupon. Target also allows you to stack a Cartwheel offer with a Target coupon and a manufacturer’s coupon!

5. Elizabeth says

Is the price on the diapers a sale price? Or will it be a deal that can be gotten as long as the coupons haven’t expired? I’m not sure when I’ll be able to make it out to the store.

I picked up the diapers, too! My baby is due in 7 weeks so it’s exciting to know I’ll be using the newborn size soon! I’ve been steadily building my diaper stockpile for almost 2 years, thanks in large part to you, Crystal! It’s good to know that I’ve prepared for the baby in such a low cost way.

• Anne says

Kristen, do you have older children? I have thought about stockpiling diapers when/if we have other children but I am wondered about the new baby being sensitive to brand of diapers. Any thoughts?

Anne, I’m due any day with our third child and have stockpiled diapers for each of them. I’ve never had any issue with my kid’s being sensitive to any brand of diapers, although I know occasionally that can happen. You could at lest stock up on several of each size and then if for some reason your child is sensitive to a certain brand just gift them. Who doesn’t love receiving diapers as a baby gift?

And if you are interested, I just did a post a couple of days ago about how I stockpile diapers and how many I recommend getting of each size. Just thought that might help!

7. Tara says

I am trying to find the $1.50/1 Babyganics diaper from Hopster. I don’t see the coupon on Hopster. Is it no longer available?

8. Stephanie says

Babyganics coupons worked great! I was able to boost the Hopster coupon to $2.50 so I got a package of diapers for $2! The package also had a coupon for $5 off a $30 Babyganics purchase, which work work well if I could obtain another MFR coupon and a Target coupon plus the Hopster Babyganics personal care coupon and Target sale price through Sunday.

9. Sara Howard says

I am not seeing the diaper coupon on the Hopster site. is it gone or am I just missing it?