My Money-Saving Pinterest Tips on Good Morning America

Welcome, Good Morning America viewers!

This past weekend, I had the amazing opportunity to film a segment with Good Morning America! (It airs at 8:35 a.m. your local time this morning.)

I talked about how we use ideas I find on Pinterest to save hundreds of dollars a year. If you’re not following me on Pinterest, I’d love to have you check out my Freezer Cooking board, my Money-Saving Ideas board, and my Do It Yourself Board.

This was one of my first times to ever do something like this and it was a great experience. I’m so thankful for all of your support and encouragement on Facebook the last few days. It means so much!

Comments

1. Jennifer says

Is there a way to view the segment? I went to GMA and could not find it. A link would be great.

2. Donna says

Great job!! It was fun seeing you on GMA. I know it sounds silly, but I check your blog each day for ideas and tips so I feel like I know you. Thanks for all the great ideas!

3. Meredith says

I was at the gym watching GMA when I saw it this morning! I was so excited but I don’t think the guy beside me on the elliptical wanted to share in my giddiness! Way to go by the way!

4. Tracey says

Crystal, you did great! For those who would like to view Crystal’s segment online, go to GMA’s site, select “video” on the top menu, and then select “money” on the left menu. I’m very excited for the new book to FINALLY be available next week. Woo Hoo!!

Congrats, Crystal!!!!!! I believe your time is 1 hour behind. I will check it @ 9:35 my local time here in IL! What a great help you are, always!

• jessica says

I am in WI and it was on at 8:35 local time here. I missed it due to a tummy bug “situation” one of my kids is having. I am hoping to catch the clip on line :)

6. Ashley P says

Goodness I wish my house looked that clean! My 6 month old son spent most of yesterday throwing a huge tantrum and between that and being exhausted from helping hubby re-insulate the attic, I barely got to do the dishes! (There were still 2 baskets of laundry to fold sitting in the middle of the living room when I left for work this morning. And I don’t remember the last time I mopped the kitchen!)

You did great on your interview! Sometimes I get intimidated because you seem like Wonder Woman. But then, I have to remember that it’s a bit different for me working outside the home. I have to teach myself that I can’t compare apples to oranges. Some day I’ll be able to afford to stay home. I just have to finish getting out of debt and work on getting hubby a better job first!

7. Robyn says

You did such a good job, Crystal!

And, on a side note, your house looks fantastic. I think I would be CRAZY with nervousness getting ready for something like this!! I would have been up all night cleaning!! (And screaming at everybody to not touch anything…) ;-)

I watched the segment. You did a great job!! What did we ever do before Pinterest? I use it for so much: recipes, planning vacations, decorating my house, and home schooling. It’s like dial-up vs. wifi – once you’ve started using it you can never go back! :)

That is truly exciting! Congrats Crystal! GMA is very lucky to have you in one of their segments and hopefully we’ll get to see you in more segments like that in the near future.

10. Erin says

Nice spot! I’ve really missed your personal posts on saving money, budgeting, and running a household as the website has shifted toward self-help and inspirational/motivational posts. Once your new book is established, I’m hoping the website content will get back to its money-saving roots!

Thanks so much for commenting!

With our new tagline, we’re excited to be committed to bringing you regular posts on intentional finance (budgeting, money-saving tips, and the usual deals & coupons), intentional family (home management & life management), and intentional business (running a business & blogging).

I’m thrilled be able to share a mix of things I’m passionate about — some inspirational posts, some peek into my life posts, some money-saving/budgeting posts, some home management posts, and more — and I think you’ll enjoy what’s to come. :)

11. Sophie Piper says

So exciting! I’ve benefited so much from your blog and I am loving to see how popular you are becoming. What a wonderful platform for the gospel! I can’t wait for your book to come in the mail!

12. Christine says

hoping this national exposure is just the start of a new and exciting chapter in your life!

13. Debra says

I saw it – and didn’t realize it was you = you did really good. peaked my interest to check out pintrest and see what else i can do to save money – i liked the crock pot/freezing dinners