Gretchen’s CVS Shopping Trip: Spent $16.26 for $43 worth of products!

DSC_0037

CVS Shopping Trip

3 Pampers Diapers – $8.99 each
1 Pampers Wipes – $2.99
Buy $30 in select baby items, Get $10 ECBs
Used $0.50/1 Pampers Wipes printable
Used 3 $1.50/1 Pampers Diapers printable

1 Baby Ruth Candy Bar – $0.79 (Buy 1, Get $0.79 ECBs)

Used $12 ECBs from previous shopping trip

Total before coupons, sales and ECBs: $43.16

Total with tax ($2.51) after coupons, sales and ECBs: $16.26, Plus received $10.79 ECBs back

Comments

1. bethany says

I don’t think the math is quite right on this…I think the $2.51 was the tax ammount and not the out of pocket. Still a great deal!

2. Melissa says

I am a little confused with the math, also. So, what did she pay out of pocket? I have a baby & would love to use this deal!

3. Sheila says

how do you use 3 of the same printables? everytime I use them it always says do not double or a cashier tells me I can only use one

• Chantel says

You can’t photocopy and use the same coupon three times but if you have more than one computer, you can print the coupon three times each with a unique barcode number. Usually each site lets you print two coupons so you’d need two computers to print three.

• Katy says

At CVS, if you get really close to the $30 (as in, just a few pennies short) it still counts as meeting the required total. Hope this helps!

• Jess says

Yes. It does matter. Especially if this is the only deal you are doing. My pretax total came up to 29.97 and didn’t print the ECBs. The cashier had to refund my original transaction and then I had to buy a $0.33 piece of candy to get my pretax total over 30 so it would print the ECBs.

4. Amy says

Just went to CVS to get this deal and it seems they’ve changed the policy on the EBs.

The amount toward the reward is now calculated AFTER coupons. I purchased 3 pampers diapers, 1 wipes, and a filler item but my amount toward my reward was only $22.49! Somehow the wipes were not counted toward the EB and it’s the subtotal after using my manufacturer’s coupons.

Is it just my store?

• MSM Team says

You might talk to the manager. If there’s not been a policy change, it might be a simple case of a cashier that needs better training. :)

• Tom Santarelli says

Cashier is wrong. CVS policy is to calculate BEFORE coupons are applied. That’s currently on their website.

• Tara R says

I feel bad! I just sent my husband out to grab this deal before it ended and it did not work out. The wipes did not count. He ended up getting a 4th diaper pack and he got the $10 ECB. Glad I sent an extra diaper coupon with him!!

5. Lisa says

I did this deal yesterday in Richmond, Va. I bought 3 packages of Papers and one box of Desitan. I only had 2 of the $1.50 off Pampers coupons but also used a $1 off Desitan coupon, along with $3 of rewards which were loaded to my card from purchases last quarter. I also bought the .79 candy to get the .79 reward. Total was $23.76, $25.07 with tax. The receipt says, at the bottom, that I needed .03 more to get the reward, but it still printed the $10 coupon anyway, w/ the .79 coupon. I used those coupons immediately to buy Scott TP and 2 old spice deodorants (B1B1G 1/2 off), using a $1 off TP and $1 off Old Spice, along with $1 of deo printed at coupon machine. Total $1.43, $2.24 w/ tax. Happy!

6. julie says

Hi!

This deal did not work at my CVS as the diaper and wipe total is $.04 less than $30. I bought a qualifying shampoo thought for an additional $3 and that put me over the $30 minimum.