For those of you who haven’t heard, I have sad news for you: Dillons announced that they will no longer be doubling coupons beginning August 7, 2013.
In an effort to provide all of our customers with the most value for their dollar, we’re implementing a New Lower Prices program. Effective August 7, we’re reducing prices on thousands of everyday items that you and your family rely on. To make this possible, on August 20, we’re discontinuing our practice of doubling (up to 50 cents and rounding to $1.00) manufacturer coupons in Dillons stores. We will continue to accept manufacturer coupons and other coupons at face value, including digital coupons, e-coupons, Catalina coupons and printable coupons.
We truly believe these changes reflect our efforts in providing the best shopping experience to all of our customers. We hope that you’ll come in and see our new low prices as well as the many other ways to save.
• Downloadable, clip-free coupons daily on www.Dillons.com/digitalcoupons
• Weekly sales and special sales events, such as Mega Event and Cart Busters
• Fuel savings program that offers up to $1 off per gallon when you redeem up to 1,000 fuel points at Dillons Fuel Centers and Kwik Shops
• Loyal customer mailings containing customized coupons
• $4/$10 generic drug pricing (see pharmacy for details)
• Faster checkouts
If you’re feeling really discouraged by this news, I’d highly encourage you to head over to Deal Detecting Diva for a full in-depth analysis of what this means and why it’s not as bad as it seems.
Thanks, Motherhood on a Dime!