Video Interview with Robert D. Smith: How I Manage My Time

When my husband and I spent the day with Robert D. Smith, he asked if he could interview me on how I manage my time. He has the clip of our interview up on his blog today and I thought I’d pass along the link for those who might be interested.

We talk about my daily schedule, how I juggle homeschooling and blogging, and the importance of goal-setting and living with intention. Head on over to Robert’s blog to watch it.

Note: There was so much that I didn’t have time to say in the interview and Robert played me up to be a lot more amazing than I am in the interview and blog post, so for anyone who watches and feels a little discouraged or thinks that I have it altogether, please go watch this video and take a deep sigh of relief. {Oh and you can also laugh that I have the exact same thing on in both videos. Remember that I kind of have a limited wardrobe? ;)}

Comments

Love this video Crystal! I know you don’t’ have it all together but God has gifted you with great organizational and planning skills. I so appreciate how you share your insights and gifts with all of us!! You bless me friend!

This video is great, Crystal. I am always amazed at how consistent you are. It’s not very often that I feel like I could wholeheartedly trust another person, but that’s what I get from you. You are a great person and such an inspiration!

3. Sandy B says

Great interview, Crystal! Your husband pushing you outside of your comfort zone is paying off; you appear much more confident and assertive (in a good way) in this video than earlier ones. It is an encouragement to the rest of us to move outside our comfort zones, as God leads, and we, too, can develop new skills.

4. K says

Very good interview.

I agree with another commenter who wrote that you are consistent. You’re true to yourself and what you believe. No gimmicks. It’s wonderful that you want to share what you’ve learned with others and encourage them. So positive.

I simply love reading your blog and I hope to be able to do so for a long time to come. May God continue to bless you and your family and all that you do.

5. RuthS says

Agree with everyone else–definitely your best video interview. And I could actually hear it at normal sound levels for once :D

6. Tanya says

Great Job, Crystal! I’ve about given up on finding a good summer rythmn for our family, but I’ll keep at it. Flexibility seems to be the key over here. Here’s my question: How do you organize your day, week, month if your husband is not an organized person? I love my man. He is a great provider, husband and father. He also runs his own business(es), etc. He is not a goal setter, nor a planner, yet somehow it all financially works out! We do strive to be good stewards of all we’ve been given, and we’re deeply blessed. However, the time piece gets to me. I am planner/organizer, but I feel as if I’m constantly falling off my schedule/becoming frustrated because I cannot “plan” on my husband being anywhere and any given time, etc. Any suggestions?

7. Cathy says

Great job on the video! You are so poised. It has been pretty cool watching you grow as a person and blogger from your previous blog through all your current speaking engagements, book, and this blog. Congratulations to you!

Thank you for your kind encouragement. It’s definitely been an unexpected journey… but an exciting adventure, nonetheless. I owe so much to you all — this blog (and the resulting opportunities) would have never happened without you all!

8. Kim says

Hi Crystal – toward the end of the interview, you mentioned you read a book that was all about the ‘dash’ between your birth and death year and how that dash represented the life you lived in between. Do you remember what book that was? I’d be really interested in reading it.

FABULOUS interview, btw. Lots of gold in there that can really help discouraged moms:)