New Cartwheel Target e-Coupon App

Target just launched an app for their Cartwheel e-Coupon Program. Here are more details from their website:

In May, Target introduced Cartwheel—a digital savings program currently in beta—and encouraged guests to provide feedback.

Guests clamored for a Cartwheel app for Android and iOS (Apple) smartphones, and the free app is now available for download at GooglePlay and the Apple App Store, giving you better access to all the great Cartwheel deals when you’re shopping at a Target store.

The app enhances the overall Cartwheel experience. With faster loading, crisper product images and better browsing, you’ll find exactly what you’re looking for more quickly and discover new products more easily. Better yet? Voice-activated search can help you out when your hands are full!

Comments

1. Michele says

I was really excited about this until I realized that you must link it to your facebook account, and then shareon facebook everything you purchase through this program. Some people may love it, but it’s not for me.

• Kristin says

I was so happy when I found the app last week! It makes it much easier.

I also do not like to share things through Facebook. You still have to sign in through through FB. However, there is a box you can uncheck and it will not share any of your activity on FB which made it better for me!

• Jacqui says

For most apps like this, even if you need to share on FB, you can set who is shares with. I set them to share it with “Only Me”. Then I technically shared it, but none of my friends and family are subjected to my app spam.

2. Ambar says

Michele,
    You can uncheck the sharing option, I hate sharing my purchase biz with my FB peeps so I can appreciate your concerns. So far I’ve saved a good chunk of money using Cartwheel. We just moved so those savings are very helpful.

3. Traci says

I would recommend taking a printed copy of your barcode before trying the app in the store the first few times. Staff know nothing about the program and yesterday my barcode wouldn’t load on the app in the store so I missed out on pretty decent diaper savings because absolutely no one knew what to do. Frustrating, but with both boys present I didn’t have it in me to make a ruckus.

4. Rachel says

Can you do this if you do not have a facebook account? They are making it so hard for people who do not want an account to get some of the good coupons. Facebook is not for me and I feel like I am losing out on many of the coupons.

• Cris says

I don’t care for facebook either but a while back I finally opened one just for the coupon/ free offers (I too thought I was missing out on a lot). I figured I already spent enough time on the computer with my bargain blog reading I didn’t want to spend even more time to see what everyone is doing or eating for lunch. So I just don’t approve the friend requests (maybe have 2 or 3). Now some things need to be shared in order to get so try having a few friends so you can use that option.