This Week’s Menu {Week #4 of no sugar, no coffee, and no gluten}

Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Waffle recipe

Breakfasts

Oatmeal, Cereal, Eggs, and/or Fruit

Lunches

{I’ll be eating a salad with chicken/tuna, etc. on it every day}

Brown Rice for Breakfast

Freezer Cooking {I’ll share how this goes later this week!}

Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins
Healthier Dark Chocolate Muffins
Chocolate Power Balls

Dinners

Slow Cooked Cheeseburger Casserole, veggies, fruit
Chili Tortilla Egg Bake (using gluten-free tortillas that I got marked down to $0.99!), fruit
Oven-Baked Tacos, fruit, tossed Salad
Build-Your Own Haystacks, fruit
Dinner out
Dinner with extended family x 2

What’s on your menu this week? Share details and/or your link to your menu plan in the comments.

Comments

1. Teri Wells says

Just curious, I have recently started limiting gluten in my diet and feel so much better. I love oatmeal and noticed you have it on your menu for the week. Is there a gluten free oatmeal? Or maybe all oatmeal is gluten free ?

My kids are usually the ones who eat oatmeal here, but you can order gluten-free oatmeal from Amazon or Vitacost.

Several years ago my mother-in-law told me she was eating sugar-free and I thought she was crazy. :) At the time I wondered what she could possibly find to eat since I thought everything had sugar in it. After seeing your menus, I’m realizing it just might be possible. I’ve been pinning some of the sugar free recipes I find onto a “sugar-free diet” board so I can be prepared and remind myself that I will have plenty of good things to eat. :)

Here’s our menu plan this week: http://www.vanessasvalues.blogspot.com/2013/05/meal-plan-monday-520.html

It hasn’t been at all as hard as I thought it would be. I think approaching it from the perspective of making it a fun challenge for myself has helped a lot.

Thanks for your kind encouragement!

I have Celiac and don’t typically eat meals with gluten-free pasta or tortillas because I don’t care for the texture. BUT I did splurge and try GF tortillas in the egg bake recipe and it was GREAT :-) One more thing I have had success with is the Spaghetti Pizza recipe you use with the Ancient Quinoa Harvest spaghetti noodles (really the only gf pasta I enjoy). Good luck with the new eating plan. I’ve been GF for over a year and don’t miss it a bit. I have some fun pins at http://pinterest.com/nordakota/ if you are interested. The “Family Faves” Board is all “tried and true recipes we love” and the “GF Eats” one is all stuff I have on my “too try” list. Thanks for posting your menu plans –great inspiration for a lot of us!

This is great. My wife and I have been working to get gluten-free since January, and for my birthday that month she made a vegan Lemon Cake with Buckwheat flour that was one of the tastiest cakes I’ve ever had. Even though it kinda imploded when we poured the homemade glaze on it.

5. Erin says

Would you ever consider doing a post about what made you want to try the Gluten-Free diet or what benefits you’ve noticed? I don’t know much at all about gluten and it’s negative effects.

6. Suzanne says

Crystal, I am hoping you or some of your readers can help with a waffle making dilemma. I have been trying not to use regular cooking sprays and opt for healthier oils, but have had little success when coating the waffle iron. This past week I tried brushing coconut oil on the waffle iron and ended up with a stuck-on mess. Butter seems to work the best, but it’s far from perfect. Thanks in advance for the suggestions!

I hope this week makes your sugar free diet easier. When I gave up sugar I noticed after the first month I finally lost all my cravings for sugar. What was amazing was after the third month the smell of sugar became repulsive to me.

I’m excited for you on this journey!!