Freezer Cooking in an Hour: One flop, one success, and two other favorite recipes

I changed up my freezer cooking plan for this week a little because I wanted to get some Gluten-Free Waffles in the freezer and I also was really curious to try these Banana Peanut Butter Pancakes.

Unfortunately, the Banana Peanut Butter Pancakes weren’t the success I was hoping for. They cooked really, really fast and I found it was basically impossible to not burn them. Of course, it didn’t help that I was multi-tasking in the kitchen. :) I also just didn’t really care for the egg-y banana taste. But it might just be me!

I also made a big batch of Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole. None of it made it to the freezer though, sadly. We had one batch for dinner and then ended up serving the rest of it for dinner the following night. Yes, it’s a hit recipe around here!

I love these Gluten-Free Waffles. They are so, so good warmed and dolloped with a little butter and honey!

And I already told you about the Grain-Free Muffins. Because I couldn’t wait. I finished off the last muffin tonight, so I think I’m probably going to be making the recipe again soon… but I want to try a few different variations this time. Because you know how hard it is for me to stick with the recipe as it is! :)

Recipes I Made

Banana Peanut Butter Pancakes
Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
Grain-Free Muffins
Gluten-Free Waffles

Comments

1. robyn says

bummer your banana PB pancakes didn’t turn out, we quite like them. :( we make banana pancakes (same recipe minus the PB or sometimes almond butter in place) at least once a week, or anytime our bananas start to brown, and have NEVER had them come out burnt or looking anything like yours did. maybe try again? good luck

2. WilliamB says

It’s not quite a failure, that your food is so tasty that it gets eaten very quickly. But I guess from the perspective of getting future meals into the freezer, that counts. But still nice, that your kids like your food.

3. Heather says

Dumb question, but I have to ask…on the Gluten Free Waffles. The brown rice, is that 1 cup cooked rice? Just checking ;)

4. Ac says

I made this coconut whipped cream this weekend and we all loved it! I bet it would be fabulous with the GF waffles. I saved the leftover coconut milk and made the spinach smoothie from the same site.
    http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-coconut-milk-smoothie/ (I added 1/2 t of honey)

Made the grain free muffins and thought they were good but I need to add a sweet element next time. Just added coconut flakes on top this time.

5. Christine Howieson says

We are a gluten free, egg free, soy free, dairy free household. I always like to take a look at gluten free recipes, but they almost always compensate with a lot of eggs. We have finally found an egg free, gluten free, dairy free, soy free waffle, but you can’t use a belgium waffle maker, because of the no eggs.

• Michelle says

Hmm. We are gluten free, soy free vegans (no meat, no dairy, no eggs) and I make waffles every Sat morning in our Belgian waffle maker :) I don’t think lack of eggs would matter for the waffle maker, maybe your recipe needs a different leavening ingredient? If you’re interested, I could share my recipe :)

6. Sarah says

I made the grain free muffins again, this time with applesauce instead of ripe bananas (I was out of bananas). I used 1/2 cup of homemade applesauce and they turned out wonderfully. Just in case that was a substitution anyone wanted to try. I used chocolate chips in half the batch and added cinnamon and pecans to the other half. SO yummy…I can’t stop eating them!

7. Angela says

I too tried the muffins and added one Granny Smith grated apple (I followed the recipe for everything else). These muffins are good and seem like “real” wheat made muffins. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

8. Laura says

Aldi ( the one near you!) has GF frozen waffles if you run out of time to make your own!! They are very good too!!