This week’s menu plan

Breakfasts

Oatmeal, Cereal, Eggs, and/or Fruit

Lunches

Mac & Cheese, fruit
Snack-y lunch
Cheese quesadillas, carrot sticks
Scrambled eggs, toast, and fruit
Marinated chicken, veggies, fruit, crackers, and hard-boiled eggs
Leftovers x 2

Snacks

Fruit/veggies
Popcorn
Peanut Butter Banana Bread With Chocolate Chips

Freezer Cooking in an Hour (stay tuned on Thursday when I’ll share a play-by-play on how this goes!)

Peanut Butter Banana Bread With Chocolate Chips
Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Brownie Waffles

Dinners

Chicken & Broccoli in the Slow Cooker, rolls, fruit
Oatmeal Pecan Pancakes, fruit, scrambled eggs
Chicken Enchilada Casserole, green salad
Twice Baked Taco Potatoes, green salad, broccoli, fruit
Spaghetti Pie, steamed veggies
Dinner with extended family
Dinner out

What’s on your menu this week? Share details and/or your link to your menu plan in the comments.

Comments

1. Julie says

I tried the brownie waffles on Sat. I found them to be dry and burn easily, but you have too cook them enough to get them off the iron! I used semisweet chips bc that is what I had on hand, maybe that made a difference in the outcome? I think they would be good with icecream but not as a breakfast. I want to try the Churro waffles next that I also saw on Pintrest!

I made these on Saturday and they were so good! I’m replacing my old pancake standbye recipe with this one! Thanks for sharing!

This month we’re eating through the pantry/freezer and just buying our weekly produce box, milk, and eggs. So I have one kabocha squash to use up (still deciding how), and collard greens which I’d like to have as a side to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feijoada. Our milk also expires on the 7th, so I am planning to make baked potato soup with it and to use up some whole milk and heavy whipping cream I bought for homemade pudding. Tonight we had leftover homemade wings from our Super Bowl party. Also have some homemade spaghetti sauce to use up in the fridge for pizza and will make homemade nachos with some leftover chips and homemade salsa from the party too. I’m excited about all these meals and glad to be eating great food while saving money so we can pay off all our student loans this year!

I cracked up reading your menu because I m also planning on making pancakes & eggs , the same chicken & broccoli meal, and chicken enchilada casserole- different recipe though the one we use is from the my blessed life blog. :)

5. Amy says

I made the chicken enchilada casserole and it was easy and yummy! We will probably try corn tortillas next time.

• Megan says

We had the chicken enchilada casserole tonight. Half the kids thought it was too spicy (I used medium salsa), but others had seconds. I think with modifications it’s a keeper recipe for me!

I pinned the Chicken Enchilada Casserole, I have been looking for new casseroles that are reheat friendly for my husbands lunches . He hates sandwiches but luckily he has access to a microwave at work. He seems to be a bit bored of my current casserole selection though so I have been trying to remember to add a new one to the menu each week. Made your chicken broccoli and rice one the other week, but with ham instead of chicken and he loved it!

7. Tracy S. says

Are you still doing GF meals for one of your kiddos? I’ve been following you since Biblical Womanhood, never failing to be inspired, taught, and taking away resources almost every day. Thanks, Crystal! You are truly blessed to be a blessing. :)

No, we dropped that quite awhile ago after we got cleared of fool allergies from our allergist. So thankful!

And thank you for your kind encouragement!

8. Bonnie says

I apologize if you have mentioned this before but I am new to freezer cooking- is there a certain book or site you recommend? There are so many options popping up all over and I need all the help I can get!! Thanks!