This Week’s Menu

Silas helping me make Homemade Breadsticks in the Bread Machine this morning.

Breakfasts

Oatmeal, Cereal, Eggs, and/or Fruit

Lunches

Mac & Cheese, fruit
Snack-y lunch
Hamburger Vegetable Soup, Bread Machine Buttery Rolls, cheese & crackers, fruit/veggies, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Brownies (we’re having company over)
Cheese quesadillas, carrot sticks
Scrambled eggs, toast, and fruit
Leftovers x 2

Snacks

Fruit/veggies
Popcorn
Oatmeal Applesauce Muffins
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Brownies

Freezer Cooking in an Hour (stay tuned on Thursday when I’ll share a play-by-play on how this goes!)

Oatmeal Applesauce Muffins
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Brownies
Peanut Butter Pancakes

Dinners

Dinner with extended family
Slow Cooker Chicken & Broccoli, Homemade French Bread
Hamburger Vegetable Soup, Bread Machine Buttery Rolls, fruit/veggies
Cheeseburger Soup, Easy Whole Wheat Muffins
Vegetable Beef Stew in the Crockpot, Homemade Bread Sticks in the Bread Machine
Dinner with extended family
Dinner out

What’s on your menu this week? Share details and/or your link to your menu plan in the comments.

Comments

1. Heather says

Is it sad that I waited for your menu to come out to copy it for the next week? :) I was at a loss with ideas/inspiration…having a cold doesn’t help…nothing sounds good! I have this week covered, but I will follow yours next week! Thanks for helping a girl out!

Minestrone soup from freezer with homemade pumpkin rolls, fried rice, hamhocks bean soup, wedding soup, buttercup squash with sausage and onions, breakfast for dinner.

Looking at your bread machine, i am wondering if you are one of those people who likes to leave the original stickers/decals on items? My husband does that, but I do the opposite. :-) and I’m kind of jealous how often your family gets together, our families don’t make that a priority and I wish we did!

4. Sheila Modine says

Here’s my menu for the week. http://wp.me/pQCuj-f1
    I don’t plan out breakfast & lunch because my oldest kids are at school and my husband is at work. It’s just me & my 5 year old at home and we eat the usual lunch foods.
    It’s always dinner that I have a hard time coming up with ideas if I leave it for that day, so I started menu planning more consistently a few years ago and it saves the day most days that I have a plan. :)

Silas is getting so big. Such a handsome little guy!

My baby boy had surgery on Friday and isn’t allowed to sit in his jumperoo for a week. And he hurts rolling around on the floor. Which means our menu is super simple because I get to hold him all week! Sweet baby snuggles all week…I’m a lucky momma :)

I made Minestrone Soup last night, so we’re having that for a couple days, I have meat for tacos one night, and some manicotti and orange chicken from the freezer will round out our week. My husband came home early today feeling under the weather, so I took the opportunity to make up a quick batch of trail mix and wash some fruit for snacks for my 4 year old this week.

6. Laurie says

Eating out of the freezer several times this week because I need a low budget shopping week at the grocery- tonight was meatloaf, tomorrow Chili from the freezer, Weds. is Tortilla quiche, Thurs. is leftovers, Friday is Brown bag burritos from the freezer with chips and salsa and salad, and Saturday is White bean chicken chili from the freezer.

Crystal, do you still grind up your own wheat to make your own flour? Now that we have moved, I have been wanting to do that. Do you recommend a grinder?

8. Sara Briggs says

I made that same recipe for slow cooker chicken and broccoli. It was very good but was so mushy and almost like slop. Just a heads up :-)

We love to have soup this time of year too. We will be have Turkey soup made from one of my freezer soup kits and beef stew too this week. Along with a few of our favorites. I really should start planning some freezer cooking myself each week. Today having a loaf of French bread in the freezer to pull out for dinner was great. I just need to remember to make a plan to freezer cook.

Here is our menu plan,

10. Lauren says

Crystal, what kind of bread machine do you have? Mine just died, and I would really like one with a horizontal loaf pan like yours. Hoping to find one second hand. Thanks!

11. Vanessa says

My family doesn’t like to eat “wet” food back to back, so I have to be careful how I plan. I don’t ever stick to a day-by -day plan, but here’s my list of meal possiblities.

Breakfast: scrambled eggs with ham, oatmeal, cereal, cinnamon rolls

Lunch: chicken nuggets with carrots and dip, sandwich with fruit, leftovers

Dinner: Pork tenderloin sammies with coleslaw, swedish meatballs with egg noodles and veg., split pea soup, jambalaya, battered fish with fries and slaw

Possible freezer cooking; Meatballs, chocolate chip banana bread

• K.S says

Thanks for sharing the peanut butter chocolate chip blondies! I made them tonight and they were a HUGE hit! YUMMO!!!!:) I will be making these again and again.