Target: Get five boxes of cereal for as low as $0.40 each!

You know the Target cereal deal I told you about late last week? Well, it’s gotten even better since I posted about it! Yay!

Here are the details of the deal:

Buy 5 select General Mills cereals at $2.50 each, Get a $5 Target gift card

Here are the cereal varieties included in the deal:

Golden Grahams $2.50
Cocoa Puffs $2.50
Reese’s Cereal $2.50
Chex $2.50
Multigrain Cheerios $2.50
Peanut Butter Toast Crunch $2.50
Cinnamon Toast Crunch $2.50
Honey Nut Cheerios Medleys $2.50
Lucky Charms $2.50
Honey Nut Cheerios $2.50
Yellow Box Cheerios $2.50
Fiber One Cereal $2.50

And here are the printable coupons available for these cereals:

$0.50/1 Chex Coupon
$0.75/1 Honey Nut Cheerios Medley Crunch
$0.50/1 Cinnamon Toast Crunch
$0.75/1 Peanut Butter Toast Crunch
$0.75/1 Fiber One Cereal
$0.50/1 Cheerios Original Cereal printable
$0.50/1 Cheerios Cereal Original printable
$1/1 Multigrain Cheerios coupon
$1/3 Target General Mills coupon

So, taking all of those details, here’s a deal idea for you:

Buy 3 boxes of Multigrain Cheerios at $2.50 each
Buy 2 boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios Medley crunch at $2.50 each
Use $1/1 Multigrain Cheerios coupon (will need two computers to print three coupons)
Use 2 $0.75/1 Honey Nut Cheerios Medley Crunch
Stack with $1/3 $1/3 Target General Mills coupon
Spend $7 plus tax out of pocket, Get $5 Target gift card back
$0.40 per box of cereal after coupons and $5 Target gift card!

Note: You can “roll” this gift card deal — meaning you can use the $5 Target gift card earned to purchase more cereal thus lowering your out-of-pocket costs!

Thanks, My Frugal Adventures!

(Note: Some of the links in this post are my referral links. Read our disclosure policy here.)

Comments

1. Rebekah says

Thanks for posting these deals! I haven’t been able to do much coupon shopping lately, but this is too good a deal to pass up. :)

2. Amy says

My Target won’t let me use gift cards I just earned on a purchase that day. It has to be the next day. Still a good deal, but you may want to check with your Target before you have a cart full of cereal…

• Sarah p says

Emily I have a Mac book and have always had issues with printing Target coupons:/ it’s such a bummer!

• Sarah P says

So I just got my Target coupon to print but it printed out kind of funky and off center with no date on top…the last time I tried to use one that printed the same way they wouldn’t take, but I’m still going to try!

• Emily says

Up until about 2 weeks ago or so, I’ve had no trouble printing Target coupons from my MacBook. Then all of the sudden, I could no longer print Target Qs or the Earthbound Farm Qs. I think it has something to do with Java, but I don’t know how to fix it so I can print again.

3. Amanda says

I just got back from target I have a desktop and laptop so was able to print 4 of the 1.25 off pb toast crunch and then one 75cents off making total after coupons only 6.75 then got the 5 g.c.! so 1.75 for 5 boxes of cereal is a great deal!!!

4. David says

Can you double this offer in one transaction? Aka can I get 10 boxes and 2 gift cards at the same time or do I need to split it up?

5. Barb S. says

Peanut Butter Crunch & Honey Nut Medley did not prompt for the gift card at my Target. Left without the deal. :-(

• Heather says

If you take your receipt to the service desk, they should give you a gift card. I’ve had that happen before, and they’ve been really good about it. hth :-)

• Cris says

Did they not have signs for it? I bought the honey nut cheerios medley and got the gift card. I would check on it again. By the way toaster strudels are also included in the offer and they are 1.99; there’s a 0.5/2 on the 1-6 ss insert (i think).

• Barb S. says

I came home and found the updated post with the even better coupons, so perhaps it was meant to be that way. I will go back when I’m running errands tomorrow and double-check to make sure the sign is by whatever I purchase. I didn’t pay enough attention. I was just going by the previously posted list, assuming all those mentioned were included.

6. Jane says

What is this “rolling” gift card thing you mentioned? Do I have to do each set of 5 boxes of cereal in separate transactions or can I use the GC for other things in the same purchase?

You’ll have to use the gift card for a separate purchase. But you can use it to purchase more cereal and earn another gift card, if you’d like.

7. Aaron says

Is the link to the second-to-last coupon ($1/1) missing? It’s blank for me, instead of a product name w/ link. I suspect it’s supposed to be for Multigrain Cheerios.