Guest post from Kathi Lipp of KathiLipp.com
One of the most frequent questions I get is “I know you leave a lot of notes for your husband, but how do you do it?” It seems some women are intimidated by leaving little, encouraging notes for their man – as if they aren’t going to do it “right”.
So here are a few fun, creative, and inexpensive ways to leave a note of encouragement for your man to get you started:
1. Use Post-it Notes.
As a certified “Office Supply Junkie” I always have a variety of Post-it Notes at my disposal. I leave love notes in his car, in our bathroom, on the fridge, and in his lunch. Anywhere that I can “plant” it in advance for him to find at a later date.
2. Write in Lipstick on Your Bathroom Mirror.
3. Spell “I Love You” With Hershey’s Syrup on a Plate.
Add vanilla ice cream and strawberries for an elegant and tasty add-on.
4. Send A Banana-gram.
When silliness is called for, nothing brings it on like a banana. Just use a Marks-a-lot maker and get creative.
5. Leave Chocolate and a Note on His Pillow.
6. Create a Background On His Computer That Says “I Love You!”
7. Leave a Love Note in His Jacket Pocket.
8. Text Him a Love Note While He’s at Work.
9. Send a Note to His Work Address.
Don’t send a big red envelope with hearts and flowers all over it (unless he enjoys being the center of attention!) but a plain white envelope with some sweet nothings tucked inside would be a welcome break from him day to day work routine.
10. I Love You Because… Mailbox
Come up with your own list of why you love your husband, and then create little messages for each of those reasons. I bought the mailbox in the Dollar Bin at Target and cut up some festive scrapbook paper to create the little notes.
11. Spell it Out on a Scrabble Board or With Pepperoni on a Homemade Pizza.
These are just a few ideas to get you thinking. If you need more creative love note ideas, check out my free “21 Post-it Note Sized Encouragements” download on my Facebook Page