Pinterest Experiments: Two-Ingredient Bread & Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread

I find a lot of great ideas on Pinterest… but pinning something doesn’t do anything unless I actually, you know, try the idea. So I thought it’d be fun to challenge myself to do at least one Pinterest experiment every week — and blog my results.

I can’t promise that I’ll always have a Pinterest Experiment post up each week, because you know how I sometimes get distracted or on blog tangents. But I’m at least going to try. By the way, you can follow my Pinterest account here, if you’re interested.

So, I guess you could say I have a thing for carbs… or at least it certainly seems like it since that’s what I’m usually pinning on my Recipes I Want to Try Board.

This week, I tried two recipe ideas I found on Pinterest and, believe it or not, both were successful. Yes, I know, that just might be a first! :)

I was intrigued by this Two-Ingredient Bread and just had to try it out. {Yes, I used pineapple yogurt. That’s what I had, so I figured it was worth a shot. Surprisingly, you couldn’t even taste the pineapple in the finished dough!}

While I wouldn’t say that it’s easier than my Bread Machine Bread recipe since it requires kneading, it was quite simple and it worked. I ended up using it as a pizza crust, since I had some extra cheese from the dinner I was making that night.

And I made the Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread yesterday. It was easy and so yummy. My family raved about it and the loaf didn’t last long at all. :)

Want to see what ideas I’m thinking of trying next? Check out my Recipes I Want to Try board and my Do It Yourself board for things I’m considering trying next.

Have you tried any ideas or recipes you’ve found on Pinterest this week? If so, how did they turn out for you?

Comments

1. MomofTwoPreciousGirls says

It’s so easy to get sucked into the carb and sweets recipes on Pinterest! I made extra effort to find some real dinner recipes and came up with a couple of goodies I’m trying this week. It was a tad of an investment on my grocery bill this week, but hubby is bored with everything I make and a lot of it was just stocking the pantry with some new ingredients that will last through many meal and give me more variety to start from! I’m making pulled pork and beer cheese sandwiches in the crock pot tomorrow and creamy garlic pasta (although I must have protein in my meals so I’m adding in some chicken). I hope they come out well…oh I made a new one last night too. Hubby liked it but I need to make a couple of adjustments to make it to my taste! It was called OMG Chicken!

Who doesn’t love carbs?! Lol!

I keep seeing that cinnamon pull apart recipe and it looks amazing! One of these days I may just have to try working up a gluten-free version.

3. Christy Uptmor says

I made the crockpot buffalo chicken and we had it on slider buns and with coleslaw. It was so good and perfect for the superbowl coming up. I also made the chicken bacon ranch pasta and it was really good too. I am going through my pins tonight so I can make my menu plan and grocery list for my shopping trip tomorrow.

• Shirley says

I made the crockpot buffalo chicken and it was a real hit here as well. Pared it with homemade buns and pumpkin blondes that I also pinned. All were winners. Love when that happens!! I try to go through my What’s for Dinner pin at least once a week and try something. It has really changed up dinners at our house this winter. It has been great!

4. Christie J says

I’ve tried a few Pinterest recipes lately. Tonight for dinner, we made Martha Stewart’s Broccoli Chowder with corn and bacon. Huge hit with my kids! http://www.marthastewart.com/314674/broccoli-chowder-with-corn-and-bacon?czone=food/lunch-recipes/salad-and-soup-recipes
    Another good one we’ve tried was Puerto Rican Black Beans (slow cooker) http://www.theperfectpantry.com/2012/04/recipe-for-slow-cooker-puerto-rican-black-beans-with-sofrito-and-cilantro.html Lots of leftovers, happily eaten by my boys =)

5. Laura S says

I think that would be awesome if you ‘test’ out something each week from pintrest. Might get me moving on mine lol!
    Speaking of pintrest, I just followed you, and oh my does your organization make my boards look soooo messy! My OCD loves your pintrest though lol!

6. Melanie says

Did you use the one-to-one ratio in the original post, or a 1 flour to 1/2 yogurt that’s mentioned in the comments?

• Jay says

During Christmas, we made turtle cookies and Nutter Butter balls (so good just like oreo recipe but using nutter butters and they tasted better than Reese cups!) We found both recipes on Pinterest.

The cinnamon pull apart bread looks really good. I just made some homemade yogurt today so we will have to give the two ingredient bread a try. We don’t have a bread machine so I when I make bread I mix it up by hand. I will have pin these recipes myself.

I recently made some diary free evaporated milk and some dairy free sweetened condensed milk that I pinned. These are two ingredients I did not have a dairy free substitute for to use in my candy making. I made them both and they turned out great. I used them in my candy recipes and I couldn’t even tell a difference. Now my family is really happy to have dairy free peanut butter fudge, rocky road fudge and other candy I make.

8. Carey says

If you’re looking for a quick easy bread recipe you have to try this one I found on Pinterest. http://www.alexandracooks.com/2012/11/07/my-mothers-peasant-bread-the-best-easiest-bread-you-will-ever-make/
    I made it twice last week and it turned out wonderful! No Kneading required. It was so easy!
    I only made half the recipe since it’s normally just 3 of us. The second time around I added Asiago cheese to the mix and it was delicious. I imagine you can add any cheeses or herbs your family likes. I plan on making both loaves tomorrow since both of our boys will be coming home for the weekend. I hope you give it a try. It’s definitely worth it!

9. Sharnet says

I also tried the 2 recipe bread. I made cinnamon rolls out of it and they were gone with in minutes. It was easy, fast and delicious.

10. Suzanne says

Crystal – you didn’t say how you liked the flour/yogurt recipe. How did it turn out?

Unfortunately my life long love of carbs has provided me with Type 2 Diabetes and it’s a tough thing to lick. Carbs are now few and far between for me except the natural ones in vegetables. The statistics show a high incidence of Adult onset diabetes (Type 2) now prevelant in children because of the high sugar/carb diets we feed them. So moderation please everyone, especially those with children. It is no longer just a hereditary disease.

11. Laura says

I made some of the cinnamon pull apart loaves at Christmastime for family members and friends. They were a huge hit!

12. Nicole says

I used the self rising flour and greek yougurt and added cheese and some garlic salt and they turned out like Red Lobster rolls. It was a hit.

13. Emily says

Seriously, 2 ingredients (one of them NOT being yeast) and you made a pizza crust that you liked? Maybe I can actually pull this one off. How long did you bake your pizza for, and at what temp? Did you like it as much as your usual pizza crust recipe? I tried that one and failed miserably at it, so maybe this one will work for me.

I didn’t like it quite as well, but it was still good. I think I baked it at 400 for around 8-10 minutes. Don’t quote me on that, though, because I was sort of winging it!

14. Melanie says

Okay, so I made the 2 ingredient bread for lunch today. About 3/4 cup of yogurt was PLENTY, and I still had to keep adding flour and adding flour while kneading. I think 1/2 cup would have been enough.

I used Three Greek Gods honey-flavored (my absolute favorite) and added a bit of finely chopped parsley, and some paprika. Divided it into two pieces and made two calzones with cheese, leftover turkey and some pepperoni. Baked at 350 for about 20, maybe 25 minutes. I only got one bite, but it was good! I was very pleased with the texture.