“I just can’t be a mother today.”
If you’ve ever whispered those words to God in quiet desperation, you are not alone. I and millions of other women across the globe have felt the same way.
Motherhood is hard. It’s monotonous. It’s exhausting. There are many days when you want to give up and throw in the towel — if only you could find a clean one!
That’s why I’m thrilled to introduce you to a just-released book by two of my dear friends, Sally Clarkson and Sarah Mae. I love and appreciate each of these ladies so much. They have a passion to encourage and build up struggling weary mamas and they do just that in their new book, Desperate.
(me, Sarah Mae, and Sally at the Allume conference a few months back)
Desperate is for those who love their children to the depths of their souls but who have also curled up under their covers, fighting back tears, and begging God for help. It’s for those who have ever wondered what happened to all their ideals for what having children would be like. For those who have ever felt like all the “experts” have clearly never had a child like theirs. For those who have prayed for a mentor. For those who ever felt lost and alone in motherhood.
In Desperate you will find the story of one young mother’s honest account of the desperate feelings experienced in motherhood and one experienced mentor’s realistic and gentle exhortations that were forged in the trenches of raising her own four children.
Sally and Sarah Mae wrote Desperate hoping to leave you feeling soul-filled, refreshed, and hopeful.
What You Will Find in Desperate
- The perspectives of an younger women going through the little years, and an older woman who has raised her children well
- QR codes and links at the end of each chapter that lead to videos with Sarah Mae and Sally talking about the chapter
- A friend who so understands those “hide me in closet” moments
- Practical steps to take during the desperate times
- Bible study and journal exercises in each chapter that will lead you to identify ways in which you can grow as a mom
- Mentoring advice for real-life situations
- Q & A section with Sally where she answers readers questions
Win a Year of Free Housecleaning and Massages or a Spa Mentoring Weekend!
In celebration of launch week, there are three big giveaways that you’ll want to check out:
::Enter a giveaway for a year of free massages
::Enter a giveaway for a year of free housecleaning
::Enter a giveaway for a Spa/Mentoring Weekend with Sarah Mae and Sally for you and a friend.