Get the Motivated Moms 2013 Chore Planner for just $6 (through January 2, 2013)

Looking for a planner that tells you exactly what you need to do every day to keep your home and life in order? Motivated Moms Chore Planners might be perfect for you.

The Motivated Moms Chore Planners map out a plan for what chores you should do each day and week to stay on top of your household organization and keep your home in great shape. Check out the sample pages at the bottom of the products page to see if this system might work for you.

I’ve used this and found it to be very helpful. I definitely recommend it — especially if you don’t have the time or desire to create your own home management binder.

Use coupon code MSMOM to get $2 off the printable chore planners, making them just $6 for the 2013 planner. This coupon code is only valid through January 2, 2013.

Motivated Moms also recently released a brand-new Motivated Moms App.

(Note: The link in this post is my referral link. Read my disclosure policy here.)

Comments

• Susan says

It also said that when I clicked the link yesterday, you weren’t the only one. Seems to be working today though.

1. Susan says

I’ll chime in and recommend this workbook. I bought it a couple years ago and it was well worth the few dollars it cost. I was in need of a detailed list of what to do, how often, and when, and it got me off to a great start.

I really like the format, with daily to-do’s down one side and weekly to-do’s down the other.

I do wish that it was customizeable instead of an unalterable pdf. I printed it out, but ended up adding items, crossing off items that didnt’ apply to me, and rearranging items to suit my personal situation. For example, I moved the “clean the fridge” to Thursdays because my garbage day is Friday. And add a “groom the dog” entry to every 6th week. And I had to remove a number of items from weekdays to weekends because as a single mom to a busy pre-teen and a full time outside the home job, our week nights are just too full to do much of anything beyond the daily chores. Over time, I ended up typing up a completely new schedule, keeping the format but customizing the entries for my household because the original pages got too messy with chicken scratch.

In modifying it for myself, one thing I did was to add two sections down the “daily” list — one for me and one for my daughter. There are just the two of us in my little family, so it all fit nicely on the same page. Some items went on both our lists, such as making the bed; others on either my list or hers, depending on who will be the one to do it.

Also, for my daughter, I added her own “weekly” list at the bottom of the weekly section on the right. It’s just a just a short list of things I wanted her to work on that week, but with no day specified because I really did not care what day it got done, only that it got done at some point that week.

For myself, I tried something similar with a “weekly” master list with no day specified, but all too often I’d reach Saturday with barely anything crossed off the list. So, I went back to assigning items so specific days. I still rarely get everything done each day, but I stand a much better chance of having less catch-up to do on Saturdays if I at least have the visual reminder to do things each day.

But that said, for anyone looking for a good basic to-do list of household chores — what you need to do daily, weekly, every other week, etc. — this is a great resource.

2. Jennifer says

I really did like this app but will never purchase it again simply because for the past couple of months I couldn’t open it without getting a pesky reminder to purchase the next years’ version. It totally ruined the experience for me.

3. michele says

The apps are 7.99 and the printable is 6$ with code. I wish she would reduce the app price for your readers too!

• Kelly says

Agreed! I’m using the free 2 wk trial version & am thinking of purchasing the full version. Would be great to get a discount!

4. Amanda says

I’m noticing the Android app is $5.99 on the Google Play store when I access it on my phone, but Amazon still has it at $7.99, just FYI.

Hi everyone! I just wanted to respond to a couple of your comments…

Carol – the app is available in the US in iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon. I have gotten no reports of any problems in that regard. I’m not sure what’s happening with your device?

Jennifer – the app shouldn’t have been reminding you everyday. I am sorry about that – it was only supposed to do that about once a week. I would have loved to hear from you about it and troubleshoot the problem.

App prices – I have been able to get Google Play to drop to 5.99 for the app and have also done so at iTunes but it isn’t showing up yet. I hope it works as it has in the past. Those I plan to run thru 1/2/13. Amazon – I have no control at all over the pricing updates – it sounds like it could take days for them to change the price and that just doesn’t work for running a sale like this. What would REALLY be great is to be able to do coupon codes on the apps. Maybe some day they will offer it for developers! I appreciate your patience and believe me, I am trying!

Adrienne – I’m so glad you like the app!

Feel free to contact me thru the website if you ever have any questions or concerns about Motivated Moms. I love hearing from you!

Susan

• Jennifer says

I mean this respectfully, while being honest. Maybe the reminder was only happening once a week. All I know, it that I started opening it up less often after the reminder. Most “free” apps have ads on them and I expect that. I feel it is only fair that if you are benefiting from something at no cost that it be expected people have to make their money somehow. But I feel when you spend $$ on an app, that you should get it ad free. Either that, or have the option to turn the reminder off in the settings. No other paid app I have exposes me to ads. In fact, every app that I have paid for offers upgrades throughout the year. This is by no means a “cheap” app, so I felt discouraged by the constant pestering to make another purchase.

6. elly says

Those who have this/do this…how’d you end up printing it? To bind/print it Staples charges almost $40. Is there a cheaper way to go?

• Kristen says

Try FedEx – I did one last year for about $7. Just do black and white and have them print on both sides of the paper.

• Miki says

I started using this system in March of last year. It has been the best thing to help our family get everything done that I think needs to get done. I do add a couple things and cross out some but I don’t mind that. I love the reminders for the a/c filters, prescriptions and other things like that. With this I am able to divide up the chores between my children on a weekly basis and they get to check it off everyday as they are completed. I would recommend this to anyone and a excellent resource to getting the household necessities done. Thank you!!!!!

I do use the printable version instead of the phone app. Having it posted for all to see works best for our family.

• Susan says

Boy, $40 seems rediculously expensive. I didn’t look into having it printed and bound —
      I printed it at home, 3-hole punched at put in an inexpensive binder.

But I have spiral bound books a number of times, and it’s only a few dollars. I do this piano and other music books that come with a glued or stapled spine and don’t stay open by themselves. Staples will cut off the binding and spiral bound the book. I don’t remember offhand how much it is — the charge by the page, but it’s only a couple of pennies I think.

• elly says

So I took your idea Susan and called Staples. She said if I printed from home, double sided, it should be around $5 to have it bound in a spiral binding.

7. Miki says

8. Ashley says

I was so glad to see the coupon code. Thanks so much! We have used this for several years now and it is wonderful. We still use the printable one, and I print it every two weeks. We also use the one that is a week at a glance. I work from home, about 30 hours a week, and we also home school our 4 kids. This is the only way that my husband and I have found to be able to get all of the chores done. I am able to cross out what I’ve done over the course of the day, and he finishes anything up in the evening. We feel lost when I forget to print it out for the week.

• Berdette says

I am very new to using apps (got an iPad for Christmas as my first app-friendly device) so this is probably a dumb question, but I have to ask b/c I don’t know. Is there any way to print the charts if I purchase the app? I have bought the ebook a few times in past and liked it but thought I might try the app but am concerned that I might still want to see a paper checklist. Hoping one of you can help me.

9. Kristina says

Ive been using the 2012 iPad app and find it very helpful.
    My question now is, do I have to buy the MoMo 2013? Is there a huge difference to warrant $6 investment? Will my 2012 version continue to work past the first week of the year?

10. JulieJ says

What is PayPal pay it late?. I thought they were taking my money out directly. What did I get myself into?

• JulieJ says

I just called PayPal pay it later to cancel my account. Did anyone else have this problem? Yikes! I don’t want a credit card.

11. Emmy says

I love this and look forward to it every year. Everything doesn’t apply to me, but the majority of it does and takes the planning off of me :-) GREAT PRODUCT!! Thanks for the discount!