4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified}: Day 19 Update

If you missed the assignment for Day 19, read it here.

I’ve been getting up really early every day this week because I’m starting to work in earnest on my next book (the manuscript is due on March 1, but that will be here before I know it and I don’t want to be scrambling at the last minute!). I’m loving getting back on the early rising bandwagon again and have amazed at how much I’m getting done as a result.

Today’s To Do List. I’m only 200 words shy from my 1,000-word goal and then I will have actually completed my to-do list for today — for once! Yay!

Window-cleaning.

Mommy’s little helper (Earlier tonight, I found him mopping the floor in the kitchen all on his own!)

Also, this has nothing really to do with the 4 Weeks Challenge, but I just have to tell you about something that we started this week that has been working really well. Every morning at 11:30, I’ve been setting the timer for 30 minutes and we all sit in the living room and read quietly. (Kaitlynn usually just looks at picture books or easy readers and I give Silas something quiet to do on the floor or next to me.)

It’s been such a wonderful thing for our home this week… a quiet reprieve after the hustle and bustle of our morning homeschooling schedule and I get in some thought-provoking reading the middle of the day, to boot (the two books above are the ones I’ve been enjoying this week)!

How did you do on Day 19? I’d love to have you share your progress and success with us so we can be inspired. Either post a link to your blog post below or leave a comment with your update.

Other posts in the 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified} series

32. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified}: Day 17
  33. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified}: Day 17 Update
  34. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified}: Day 18
  35. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified}: Day 19 Update
  36. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified}: Day 20

Comments

What a productive day! Finishing that knitting really must feel good. It’s really nice to hear about the cozy mid-morning reading events, too. It sounds like a good time of day to sit and do that as a group.

2. Becky says

I’m also reading For the Children’s Sake right now! Thanks for the tip about a quite break in the morning, I think I’ll give it a try with my kiddos :)

3. Amy says

How neat to hear you are writing a new book! Can you share any details of what it is going to be about?

Soon. :)

Let’s just say that I’m really, really excited about it — especially since I’ve been mulling over it for the last year and a half and have had the full outline done since September.

And I promise I’ll share more details as soon as I’m able to!

4. Ashley says

I love your idea about quiet time in the middle of your homeschooling day. Our baby goes down for a nap around then, so we may add that to our day. Thanks for sharing!

5. Amy f;) says

What mop is that? My oldest has jusst started helping with the mopping this month, but my mop is kind of broken so I’ve been looking for a replacement that can be easily height-adjusted for kids.

Yay! Love seeing the Norwex kids mop in action! My daughter actually asked for one for Christmas this year! The system only uses water and the handle is telescopic so it will adjust to both my 2yr old and 4 yr old. Best of all, it’s not just a toy, they are able to effectively clean the floor!

• Sarah Anderson says

I LOVE to see you using Norwex as well. I scrolled through the pictures and had to scroll back up to look closely at your blue cloth you were using to clean the windows- yep Norwex!! I use and sell Norwex and it has changed my cleaning. I just have to say- if anyone else is interested in cleaning with just water and cloths feel free to check out my website sarahanderson.norwex.biz. There’s still time to place orders before Christmas!!

Taking quiet time each day is so important- what a wonderful way to teach your children that skill while you show them how important it is to read.

7. Lisa says

Love your site your such a blessing to me love you dearly beautiful family I also wanna know what kind of mop I need new one

• Sarah Anderson says

You can see my info above- he’s using a Norwex mop. It’s great because the height is adjustable and it cleans with only water- no chemicals so it’s completely safe for children!! I use and sell Norwex and my daughter loves her mop! I love my adult size one as well. If you’re interested you can view the entire Norwex catalog on my website sarahanderson.norwex.biz. There’s still time to order Christmas presents!!

I need to start some quiet reading time each day with my kids. I would love to have a little time to get some reading in as that is something that is really hard for me to accomplish right now. I read For the Children’s sake years ago when I was started homeschooling with my daughter now that I am starting over with my second child 10 years later, I think I should take it out again and re-read it. Just for a refresher.

Looks like you got so much done yesterday. My kids helped me too with the windowsills so we were done in no time.

I’d be thrilled to find one of my kids doing any cleaning on their own! Can’t wait to hear the subject of the new book.

10. If It's FREE! says

I was inspired to see your lists for “To Do’s” & started by making small lists on my fridge, but sadly I never find the oompf to finish my list in one day… So I am hoping to start this by waking up on time in the morning & starting my list after breakfast! So crossing my fingers!