4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified}: Day 5 Update

If you missed this morning’s assignment, you can find it here.

We had a very laid-back day today… and it was wonderful!

Did you spend at least 15 minutes doing something relaxing?

I had a date with Jesse in the late afternoon and that was fun. And I also put on a movie for the kids, cut up an apple, put my feet up and read some books I’m loving. {As expected, Jeff Goin’s book, Wrecked, has been a great read so far!}

Oh and there wasn’t much of anything to report under my couch cushions… no shriveled up pears, or carrots, or anything. And I’m not complaining. :)

How you do on Day 5? I’d love to have you share your progress and success with us so we can be inspired. Either post a link to your blog post below or leave a comment with your update.

Other posts in the 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified} series

31. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified}: Day 16 Update
  32. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified}: Day 17
  33. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified}: Day 17 Update
  34. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified}: Day 18
  35. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified}: Day 19 Update
  36. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified}: Day 20

Comments

1. Sherry Lochner says

Thankfully didn’t find anything but got a lot of cat hair. I did under my couch as I didn’t get to it yesterday and found a lot including about 6 pens/pencils, receipts, gift card, more cat hair, a couple of dust bunnies, too. :) Took nice long hot shower and going to read.

2. Heather says

Found $1.35 under my couch and only 2 old pregnancy books under my bed (we have a 3 yo-yikes!) My spare bed has extra blankets underneath while my daughter’s bed is so brand new that she doesn’t know you can stick stuff under there LOL! Pregnancy books are going to MOPS Freebie table this next week and we *splurged* and had 2 small Sonic slushies this afternoon (half off “happy hr” between 2-4 over here) for $1.20 as a treat for a great doctors visit this afternoon! Then we went to the library…which I am still getting to know in our little town, but Friday afternoons seems to be the best due to low traffic and there are usually only a handful of children so it’s a place to teach my daughter how to be “quieter” and use her low/indoor voice! We got a big bag of books for the week and a magazine or 2 for mommy too!

3. Meredith says

We don’t have couch cushions because it reclines so I vacuumed under it. I found all sorts of crumbs and a piece of Easter candy. I sat and turned on my favorite tv show while my daughter colored. I ended up falling asleep for an hour. I guess I needed it!

4. Deborah Auen says

Under my cushions was a few pieces of popcorn and some crumbs of some sort….I listened to Joyce Myer’s C.d. and took a hot bath…..have a great weekend!!!!!

5. Vikki says

I found a jumprope stuffed in the loveseat cushions. Based on the character pictured on it, it’s been there for YEARS! I’m so embarrassed!! Also some sand, a hairclip, and more than a few crumbs. The floor under the couches wasn’t as bad, amazingly. This series is great for nudging me to hit the little places.

I found my missing car keys lodged in the couch. :)

I knew this day was coming and had purposed that if I didn’t do any of the other days, I was going to vacuum under my cushions. I didn’t know it would also be the way for me to find my car keys that I knew my son had stashed somewhere in the house!

Thanks ;)

7. Krysten says

Since I hadn’t done any of these all week (oops!), and I just cleaned inside and under my couch last weekend when we pulled out the hide-a-bed for company, I cleaned out my purse and fridge today. My purse was pretty boring, just needed to throw out a few old Kleenex and mint wrappers. My fridge didn’t have any science experiments, but I had to scrub pretty hard to get some spots clean! We had an old pkg of corn tortillas that I had accidentally bought a few months ago (we all detest corn tortillas), so my 3-year-old and I ripped them up and tossed them out under the bird feeder for the birds, or any other animal who decides he wants them. My 3-year-old also thought it was super fun to help me move things out of and back into the fridge while I was cleaning!

Thankfully nothing under the couch (amazing hu!). Had lunch with the hubby since it’s birthday, went out to dinner with the family then played video games because that’s what hubby wanted so there’s my downtime still doing what other people want LOL but it’s fine I had fun too so can’t complain :)
    Glad to hear you had a good day :)

I was extremely surprised to find nothing but some dirt/dust under our couch cushions (which is now vacuumed, hurray). I love how this series is motivating me to do these things for just 10-15 minutes that normally I would think I didn’t have time to get to. 10 minutes later and I’m done with them!

I didn’t find much under my couch cushions either. Just a few crumbs but my kids had taken the cushions off the day before to make a dog obstacle course and had found a pair of socks and a few toys.

11. JP says

Excellent post Crystal. Thank you.

I took some time to walk around my office. It relaxes me to reflect on what I have. I feel fulfilled and grateful.

A few things struck me about my job:
    – I work at a fantastic institution, world class in many ways
    – I get to work with smart and intelligent people (often something I undervalue)
    – I am blessed. I started with great parents, a decent noggin and good health

I’m curious to see what other people say they did! I’d love to pick up a book as well ;)