This week’s menu

Breakfasts

Homemade Instant Oatmeal Packets, Cereal, Toast, Eggs, and/or Fruit

Lunches

Lunch at Cracker Barrel
Snack-y lunch, fresh carrot/orange juice
Mac & cheese, veggies, fruit

Freezer Cooking

Pumpkin Recipes
Healthful Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins

Dinners

Dinner with extended family
Taco Soup, Bread Machine Buttery Rolls, fruit, veggies
Lasagna, green salad, fruit salad, muffins (leftovers from my birthday dinner that my mom made & sent home with us)
Steak, Twice-Baked Potatoes, steamed veggies, fruit
Breakfast for dinner: Pumpkin Pancakes, scrambled eggs, fruit
Meatballs, steamed veggies, Pumpkin Crescent Rolls, mashed potatoes
Dinner with extended family

What’s on your menu this week? Share details and/or your link to your menu plan in the comments.

Comments

1. Andrea says

You should try green smoothies since you make smoothies anyway! Also, I’ve been making pumpkin pie oatmeal for the only other family member that likes oatmeal in my 6 person family, and it is so delicious! (If you’re looking for something to do with your pumpkin)

My family likes breakfast for dinner too. Although I don’t work it into the menu near enough.

This week we are having quite a few meals from our freezer for dinner. I made up a recipe for chicken pot pie filling to freeze and I also am trying a few new freezer recipes with pork chops. So this week the dinners are partly made before I start. Well as long as I remember to get them out of the freezer.

Here is our full menu for this week,

3. September says

I think this every time I read through your menu plans, but I just have to come out and say it–you have SUCH light eaters, I’m jealous! Breakfast in our house is a meal…if I tried to serve them a bowl of cereal they’d look up and ask what was coming up after the appetizer! Ditto for lunches! And mine are only 6 & 9–I’m scared to think of what the teenage years will be like.

Haha! Well, sometimes it’s 2-3 bowls of oatmeal. ;) And my son has two breakfasts — one as soon as he gets up and the other when his sisters get up.

The other day the three of them ate a whole watermelon for lunch. Granted, it was a small watermelon. But still… I’m not sure where they put it sometimes!

Our Aldi (in Saint Louis, Missouri) has cans of pumpkin for $0.99. But they also have large pumpkins on sale this week for $2.49 each, and the ones at our store were 10-15 pounds easily. Last year you inspired me to bake my pumpkins and freeze it. Much cheaper than the canned version! :)

My meal plan post this week has a spotlight recipe for Sweet-n-Spicy Crockpot Chicken that is easy, delicious and healthy! We love Asian-inspired dishes and this one was great.

Here is our food allergy meal plan:

Over the weekend, we tried another pumpkin pancake recipe you said was fantastic from How To: Simplify. They were fantastic especially with chocolate chips. I’d love to know how the recipe you’re trying this week turns out.

We’re keeping our meal plan simple this week. I made those pumpkin crescent rolls and they were such a huge hit so then I modified the recipe to make a more savory crescent roll {with veggie pasta sauce, mozarella, and pepperoni inside!}. So delicious!

6. Maria says

I have recently started weekly meal planning and its so much easier!! But I too have been to Cracker Barrel this week. Love their food!

7. Kara M says

This may be a crazy question, but most every week you post one lunch as a Snacky lunch–what does that look like in your house? Every week I wonder that, so this week I decided to ask. :)