This week’s menu

Corn Dog Muffins

Breakfasts

Homemade Instant Oatmeal Packets, Cereal, Toast, Eggs, and/or Fruit

Lunches

Lunch at church function
Snack-y lunch, fresh carrot/orange juice
Mac & cheese, veggies, fruit

Pumpkin Recipes

Dinners

Dinner with extended family
Taco Soup, Bread Machine Buttery Rolls, fruit, veggies
Homemade Chicken Salsa Pockets, fruit, steamed veggies
Steak, Twice-Baked Potatoes, Steamed Veggies, Fruit
Keilbasa/Potatoes/Carrots/Onions in the Crockpot, Soft 100% Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls, fruit salad
Dinner with friends
Dinner with extended family

What’s on your menu this week? Share details and/or your link to your menu plan in the comments.

Comments

I’m going to start making some pumpkin recipes {pumpkin muffins, pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin bread} I’ve been wanting to try! Other than that, we will be cleaning out our pantry/fridge before I do our big monthly Costco trip next week!

2. Jessica says

So where can we find the best prices on canned pumpkin? I’ve tried to make my own pumpkin puree in the past with not much success. I did successfully make a huge mess in my kitchen in the process though.

I found a great deal on Amazon! 15 cans {12 oz each} of organic pureed pumpkin for $26… In stores around here, cans are at least $2 each so it was a better deal to get it on Amazon!

• Meredith says

My Aldi has them for $.99 a can. That’s the best I’ve found. You may want to check there. I roasted several pumpkins last year and it ended up being a gooey mess that ruined recipes. I just stick to the canned stuff.

• Wendy says

I’m not sure about roasting, but I helped my grandma make her pumpkin pies for years by peeling & boiling the pumpkin and straining it well. Not all pumpkins are good for cooking/eating. It has to be a cooking pumpkin. When I’ve done this, I can’t tell the difference in that vs using the canned pumpkin. But that being said, canned pumpkin sure is easier.

Just found it at Aldi today! $0.99 per can (14 oz. I think?). I have never seen it lower than that. I advise stocking up for the next year if you can find that price!

3. MomofTwoPreciousGirls says

So I am one of those “strange” people that does not like pumpkin!

However, trying to find some better, more economical breakfast choices for my girls and I just LITERALLY whipped up a batch of the 3 ingredient muffins. They did a little taste test of the batter and had no clue there was pumpkin (and by taste alone me neither). They are (sort of) patiently waiting for their muffins to finish cooking and cooling, but I think this is a keeper!

THANK YOU!!!

4. Becca says

So I have a question about your dinners with extended family. Do you do potluck style or take turns cooking? We have family in town and it seems we never plan well and end up eating out when it gets to mealtime. Would love it if you could share some of your ideas for what you do on those nights.

I am having a lot of fun posting my weekly menu plan on my blog every week. It’s rewarding to have a variety of healthy meals for the family each day without the last minute scramble I had been experiencing due to lack of planning. Checkout last week’s menu plan at http://alturl.com/nnnyc.

Thank you moneysavingmom.com for all your wonderful ideas! I love the “cooking for the freezer” and the Weekly Goals ideas! I’m sure there are many more ideas that I haven’t discovered yet. Have a great week!

6. Marion says

Did you add anything to your Keilbasa/Potatoes/Carrots/Onions in the Crockpot recipe? We love Keilbasa at our house. When I google these ingredients I got several recipes that include beer.