Sign up for Credit Sesame and get 400 free Swagbucks!

Have you signed up for Swagbucks? It’s the best and easiest way I’ve found to earn free gift cards. If you’re new to Swagbucks, be sure to read my comprehensive Swagbucks tutorial on how it works plus 15 ways to earn more Swagbucks.

Here’s how to earn 400 free Swagbucks:

::Sign up for a Swagbucks account or login to your existing account.

::Sign up for Credit Sesame. Once you’ve completed the registration process and your credit score is shown, your 400 free Swagbucks should show up in your account.

(Note: The link in this post is my referral link. Read my disclosure policy here.)

Comments

Is it true that if you check your credit score too often, your score will go down? Because of this, I’ve always been afraid to check my score unless I absolutely have to.

• Beth says

I’m with you on that. When we purchased our car that is what our bank lender told us. So, I’ve been afraid too.

• Elizabeth H. says

My understanding is that if you check your own credit score it does not effect it. It only effects it when someone else checks your credit score and too many of those types of inquiries can hurt it.

2. Frances says

I try to check my credit report once a year to verify that all the accounts listed are correct and are my accounts (had a credit card account hacked recently). Checking your credit score periodically or getting an annual credit report will not make your credit score go down.

If you are applying for credit cards, loans, have people do credit checks, etc. then your credit score can go down. Lenders can do a “soft” check which just tells your credit score without effecting your credit rating (does not provide details of your account).

Thanks! That was a great offer! I am new to Credit Sesame, but I have been using Credit Karma for awhile (same thing just different companies) and I love it! This is a great way to watch your credit without constantly running reports! Awhile back we discovered that we had an error on our credit report by using Credit Karma!

I’ve never checked my credit score, but I decided to try it:). But… will it take awhile for the swagbucks to appear, because my account didn’t update?

5. Bethany says

This was awesome…. and it was great to see how paying your bills and keeping debt to income in check pays off with a GREAT credit score… plus that’s almost enough points for a $5 Amazon GC!! Wahoo!

I did not get credited and am having a very difficult time reporting it to SB as I’m not sure under which category it falls. Thanks in advance for any advice.

7. Courtney says

Which wall did this come from? I can only find it on Trial Pay for 90 Swagbucks or Paymentwall for 72. They don’t let you report it not crediting unless you contact the specific wall the offer came from. I just went through the link in the post but it didn’t credit.

8. Jessica S. says

Whoo! More Swagbucks! However, I did everything required, and even poked around “my account” and “my swagbucks” and I have yet to be updated for about 30 minutes. Help!

9. Denise says

thanks!!! I’m a huge fan of Credit Karma but for 400 swagbucks I’m all about trying this new site! these sites really are great for keeping an eye on your credit – I work at a bank and we recommend Credit Karma because it lets you experiment with how different things will affect your credit – such as opening or closing a new card :)

10. Andrea Maddiex says

I did not get the credit yet either and when I clicked on “My Credit Report” under “My Finances” the is a small message with an asterisk that says
    *We’re sorry! Credit reports are temporarily unavailable due to scheduled maintenance. Credit reports will be back Monday, October 15th, 2012. Please return at that time to complete your order.”
    It is also suggesting I buy a credit report for $9.
    Any suggestions?

11. Gloria says

I signed up for swagbucks, using the link and signed up with credit sesame and did not get the 400 swagbucks. I only have the 30 for opening the swagbucks account.

• Tori says

I was very skeptical, but I did it and it was super-easy and awarded me the 400 swagbucks instantly. Thank you!

12. Summer says

I didn’t get it either. And not sure who to contact since Swagbucks says to go directly to the wall that the special offer came from? So bummed :( I was already leery of putting in my SSN for this and now I did all that for nothing.

• Jessica S. says

Summer, I had the exact same problem! Very frustrating and annoying, for sure. I was leery as well and just got tired of waiting and canceled the account. When you cancel and delete, you can’t sign up again for a full year from the day you cancel.

Contact them through the contact form on their site and link to this post. I am working directly with them on these offers and they’ve promised to manually credit my readers if it doesn’t go through for them.

13. sarah says

Thanks!! I got mine instantly and was super excited to see my credit score.
    Does anyone know how accurate these scores are? My husband and I hve been working SUPER hard to pay off all our debt (we are on $3000 away, which is our car note). we paid off over $12,000 last year while my husband was deployed, what blessing! But I’d love to know if these scores are accurate because I am somewhat shocked, but I guess your score can improve that much when you pay off all your debt?!

14. Stephanie says

I didn’t get mine either. I guess that I should have read the comments before doing it to know that it will be hit or miss if I get the Swag points for jump through hoops to get it :-(

15. Christopher says

Hi, I signed up and created an account but was logged out before i put my ss in. I emailed them on their website to get manual credit because i logged back in through your link and signed in and then completed the process. Thanks for your help. I hope I get my swagbucks :)
    Chris