Homemade Pumpkin Pie Frappe

I’ve never been a big fan of Frappes as I prefer my coffee hot. However, I saw this recipe for a Pumpkin Pie Frappe and knew I had to try it.

It didn’t disappoint. I changed a few things — as is to be expected of me! :) I swapped whole milk for the coconut milk, raw sugar for the Stevia, and just threw in a lot of ice instead of actually freezing the coffee.

The end result was delicious — as pronounced by every family member at dinner tonight when I served it as a special treat. :)

Comments

You are right, this is a really yummy recipe. I tried it recently dairy-free and mmm! But then in my simplifying ways, I ended up making pumpkin iced lattes instead of blended iced fraps…that means no blender to clean. ;) And it’s pretty good that way too.

At one point I started forgetting the pumpkin puree and just doing pumpkin pie spice. So if you are in a pinch with no pumpkin, just spice can be used. :)

2. Erin says

Did you make a coffee free version for the kids? I don’t care for frappes, either, but your picture is *awesome* (better than the original blogger’s post!) and I may just have to try this!

Actually not… whoops, did I just admit that out loud?!? Yes, I might not win greatest mom of the year award (I gave up on that a long time ago though!!), but we let our children have coffee sometimes provided it’s about half milk/half coffee. :)

Oh and thanks for your kind words on the photo… I’m not a big fan of food photos taken without natural lighting, but sometimes that’s all you’re able to get when you make something at 7 p.m. and it’s Fall. :)

3. Whitney says

Crystal – I’ll give you an even easier recipe – just use the pumpkin latte mix you posted last week. I made pumpkin creme frappes for the kids using about a cup of the mix, two cups of milk and a cup of ice in the Vitamix for 30 seconds. I also added a little extra sugar (about 1/4 cup) though it likely would have been fine without. If you wanted to do a coffee version, just substitute strong cold coffee for half or all of the milk.

I’m eager to try yours…I tried this recipe as written and did not like it at all! But I am going to try it with milk and sugar…how can it be bad-tasting with milk and sugar?
    Thanks.