Lunchbox Freezer Cooking: Homemade Pizza Lunchables (Day 6)

Inspired by this idea, I made Homemade Pizza Lunchables. I used our favorite Pizza Dough recipe and they turned out really well.

To serve these, you could either make them like Lunchables with some shredded cheese in a baggie, some pizza sauce in a little container, and one of the pizza crusts for your child to put together for their lunch. All of these items could be frozen in an airtight bag or an airtight freezer-friendly plastic lunch container.

Or, if you’re eating at home, you could top these with whatever pizza toppings you like and either heat them in the microwave or toaster oven, or bake them in the oven until heated through.

By the way, you can find a Dairy-Free version of this idea here.

Are you joining us for Lunchbox Freezer Cooking? If you’ve blogged about a lunchbox recipes you’ve made for your freezer, leave a link to your post and recipe below. I can’t wait to see your yummy recipes and ideas!

Comments

Looks very simple! I made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the freezer today. It was super simple too another 10 minute freezer cooking exercise. I just love it!

2. Kim says

I would think you could use thinly sliced cheese, which could make it even easier for a child taking it in a school lunch–just a thought.

3. Anna says

OK I am catching up on the lunchbox freezer cooking. I made corn muffins with cheese and turkey pepperoni, jelly & peanut putter sushi, uncrustables, turkey sandwiches, and pizza, pizza snack cups (http://onceamonthmom.com/toddler-ific-pizza-snack-cups/) and granola and yogurt cups and cookies.

Plus I made my regular pudding cups, gelatin cups, carrot baggies, grape baggies, rice chip baggies, cinnamon chips and apple sauce dip (for snacks), and homemade Nutella and graham cracker sandwiches.

Also made chili and enchiladas for dinners.

4. Karen says

What a fantastic idea! We are going to try this as my kids love pizza lunchables. I only buy them on sale or with a coupon so they don’t get them often. Your pizza dough is awesome. My kids absolutely love it and ask for it ALL THE TIME!. They would rather have pizza with your home made dough than to go out for or order in pizza!!!

I made some bean and cheese sauce burritos. I did not have enough goat or sheep cheese to make them so I made some dairy free cheese sauce and added it to the burritos. I also stirred in a little taco seasoning into the cheese sauce. They turned out to be very good. I will be making them again.

My kids would love the pizza lunchable as pizza is a favorite in our home.

Love this idea! My husband and I were wondering if we could pre-cook homemade pizza dough so to have enough ready to have all our friends over to do a homemade DIY pizza buffet style dinner. I knew their must be away to do it. This helps a lot!

7. Jen says

My boys love having “pizzables” in their lunch box. I use pita bread (that I buy marked down) for the crust. They also love pizza quesadillas.

• Pam says

Jen, I use pita’s all the time with homemade pizza sauce. I like them so much that we seldom order pizza out. I buy Shop Rite brand which are a little thicker than some and go on sale for a dollar or so. They also freeze well.

8. Tasha says

What kind of flour did you use to make these?
    They are so pretty.

Will have to try this.
    Thanks,
    Tasha

9. Stephanie says

We tried these last week and my two biggest pizza fans love them (13 and 8 boys). I made a regular size pizza crust on a cookie sheet and cut it into rectangle shapes that fit in sandwich size lunch containers this way they can microwave it if they want to. They were a hit at lunch.

10. Jill says

I would love for you to do a post on making a pizza. I make the dough ahead of time and place in the freezer. I struggle with rolling it out as some parts get to doughy. Then I don’t really know how much to put on of the sauce and toppings. I made pizza the other day and the cheese just comes right off when you bite and then all you have left is the dough. Maybe even a video walking us through the process of how you make pizza so the crust comes out even and the toppings don’t fall off with one bite.