Lunchbox Freezer Cooking: Chicken Broccoli Rice Cups (Day 5)
I re-created our well-loved Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole into a more portable version tonight. Honestly, after making it, I’m not entirely sold on the idea of putting it in muffin tins.
It would work well for an at-home lunch with little people who have small appetites. But for anyone over the age of three or four, I think it might be more convenient to make the casserole, bake it, and then divvy it up into portion-sized airtight containers to freeze.
This is a recipe that freezes really well — baked or unbaked. And it thaws well, and re-heats well. So no matter how you decide to divvy it up and freeze it, it’s hard to go wrong.
By the way, if you’ve not tried this recipe yet, it’s a big favorite of ours. In fact, my kids request to eat it for breakfast when we have leftovers in the fridge! (Truth be told, I usually let them. But hey, it has grains, dairy, protein, and veggies. So I don’t think it can be that detrimental to eat for breakfast. And it’s probably loads better than most boxed cereals on the market — especially if you make your own homemade soup mixes!)
Are you joining us for Lunchbox Freezer Cooking? If you’ve blogged about a lunchbox recipes you’ve made for your freezer, leave a link to your post and recipe below. I can’t wait to see your yummy recipes and ideas!
Other posts in the Lunchbox Freezer Cooking series
- My Lunchbox Freezer Cooking Plan
- Bean & Cheese Burritos
- Lunchbox Freezer Cooking: 3-Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins (Day 2)
- Lunchbox Freezer Cooking: Mac N' Cheese Cups (Day 3)
- Lunchbox Freezer Cooking: Peanut Butter & Jelly Sushi (Day 4)
- Lunchbox Freezer Cooking: Chicken Broccoli Rice Cups (Day 5)
- Lunchbox Freezer Cooking: Homemade Pizza Lunchables (Day 6)
- Homemade Chicken Salsa Pockets
- Lunchbox Freezer Cooking: Mini Lasagnas (Day 8)
- Corn Dog Muffins
- Lunchbox Freezer Cooking: Allergen-Free Chocolate Crunch Bars (Day 10)
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!
PREVIOUS POST: Pinterest Experiment: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brownies